Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless network disconnection with NETwNs64 event log

KImai2
Beginner

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional(6.1.7601 Build 7601)

I'm using Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and the driver version is 18.33.12.2 which is the newest one I think.

My wifi network is disconnected frequently with "NETwNs64" event log which ID is 5007 and 5032.

But the NETwNs64 is missing in my computer. So I can not see the log detail.

I can not fix this problem until OS reboot.

How can I fix this permanently?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello keitaroimai,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're experiencing wireless disconnections on your system.

Do you remember if the system was working properly before? If so, have there been any recent changes on the system such as operating system updates or new software installed?

For now, please test a clean driver installation using both the Intel latest generic driver and the OEM driver:

1. Download and save your driver of choice. You can:
    1. Get the latest system-specific driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html from your computer manufacturer support.
    2. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005559.html Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.
    1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your wireless driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    4. Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion.
  7. (Optional Step) Apply the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000024678.html Recommended Settings for Wireless Connectivity.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KImai2
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

I tried the procedure you provided.

But the result was same.

Can I have any other fix?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keitaroimai,

Thanks for your reply.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather more details about your system and the error entries at Event Viewer. Please provide us with the following logs as an attachment in your next reply:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.
  1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.
  2. Select to include "everything."
  3. Name and save the report.

- Clean event logs:

1. Hold Win+R, type eventvwr.msc then press Enter.
  2. Go to Windows Logs > System and Select Clear Log...
  3. Reproduce issue, Get timestamp of when issue occurs.
  4. Save the Event log in evtx format, no filter
  5. Windows Logs > System > Save All Events As > Name
  6. Select "Display information for these languages > English (US)"

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KImai2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the system information and logs.

The event happens at 2018/06/06 08:15:19.

Usually it happens once a day in the morning(not fixed time). But sometimes happens many times per day.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keitaroimai,

Thanks for providing the requested logs.

We noticed there are two "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" under network adapters. Are you using hotspot, ad-hoc or other hosted network features on your systems? If not, we recommend disabling them. You can do that from an elevated CMD using the following commands:

• netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
  • netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

If the issue persists, please confirm the following:

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KImai2
Beginner

Hi,

I tried followings but the result was same.

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

• Are you using any secure connection protocols or software? This is common on business private networks.

I'm using just a home network.

• Do you have the same results if the system is connected to other networks?

yes.

I also tried but nothing changed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keitaroimai,

Thanks for posting the results. We've exhausted our troubleshooting suggestions, at this point you may consider backing up your important data and perform a clean installation of operating system.

If the issue persists, we recommend to contact your system OEM support for further assistance.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos