Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wirelss driver

Ozman
Beginner
Why is it that everytime I get a mandatory update from windows my wifi driver stops working?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

One thread is enough.  Stay with your other thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wireless-driver/m-p/1246839#M33315

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Ozman
Beginner
Sorey couldn't figure out how to delete original. Since this one has a screenshot. I'll try deleting the other one and keep this one kthx
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ozman,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I noticed that one of our agents provided you assistance in your original thread.

Check his answer below:

In my experience, I have seen in recent times that it could happen that when there is an operating system (OS) update it may cause a conflict with a driver (not necessarily wireless drivers only), with software, etc... Sometimes, different devices may experience problems due to updates and it may be needed to way for the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the device to release a customized driver; or wait for OS fixes to be released for unforeseen issues pushed with updates.

Nevertheless, we would like to assist you further in case you are facing Wireless issues. If this is the case, could you please provide more details?

1- Please elaborate more on the issue that you are having.

2- If the problem was triggered after a Windows® Update, do you know what the update KB number was?

3- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both?

4-Is the wireless card the original adapter that came pre-installed with the computer or did you integrate/replace it?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

If you want to continue with the assistance on this thread, please provide the information we requested above.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ozman,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos