Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7444 Discussions

Won't Download - Windows® 10 and Windows 11* WiFi package drivers 22.170.0 for the Wi-Fi 6E/Wi-Fi 6/

APols1
New Contributor I

This starts to download - says "start download" then does nothing and goes back to just download.

I remember this happening before and ITS NOT ME.

Ideas?

intel.JPG

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi APols1,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. However, please note that this forum is for assistance on getting started (as in registration, downloading, licensing and installing) questions regarding the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio. Due to that the query is outside of our scope.

However, since your query is related to the Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters, we are moving this topic to the 'Wireless' community for further assistance. Our internal team will get back to you there in a timely manner.

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
dj_darko
Beginner

I have the same problem.

This has happened before.

Forward the query to technicians or site moderators.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
APols1
New Contributor I

This morning I got a 2nd NEW alert that download was available, and it installed no problem.

0 Kudos
bazantik
Novice

The same here; the "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®" driver was downloaded and installed without any problem. However, the "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" driver is "broken" - when I click on the "Download" button, it shows "Starting..." and then nothing happens, and the "Download" button is shown again.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello APols1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. What is the wireless adapter installed on your computer?

3. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)? 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bazantik
Novice

Hi Deivid, although you answered APols1, here is information about my situation:

• I am using a desktop computer;
  • my wireless adapter is installed on the ROG Strix B550 Gaming motherboard (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200);
  • yes, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Intel DSA, didn't help.

Windows Device Manager says the currently installed version of my Wi-Fi driver is 22.150.1.1

Thank you,

Martin

0 Kudos
APols1
New Contributor I

I'll repeat what I posted earlier:

"This morning I got a 2nd NEW alert that download was available, and it installed no problem."

thanks for any help. I'm done

Faerae
Novice

I am also having this issue and would like to see this get fixed as soon as possible. Is this a case of perhaps where after one update has installed we need to restart the computer and then the second one should be able to install or something more???

0 Kudos
Pk_bakutehboy
Beginner

I also have the same problem. And my wifi is not working for some reason.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

FYI, I tried everything. Thought that updating it will work but I can't even update it.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
I tried to disable and enable the drivers.
I tried restarting my computer.
I tried a network reset.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Mach282
Novice

Ditto for me. I even uninstalled the Intel DSA, rebooted, then reinstalled it.  The update is still not downloading.  My HP Support Assistant is not showing any driver updates either, although Intel usually announces them first.  I'll wait a couple of days for them to correct the situation before contacting their dev team. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello APols1, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that you were able to install the latest driver from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) for your wireless adapter. Since you mentioned that the driver is installed with no problem I will close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Hi @Mach282, @Pk_bakutehboy, @bazantik, and @Faerae, if you still having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), I recommend each one of you open a thread with their issue so you can get proper support based on your environment.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Faerae
Novice

I understand how 1 person has gotten this issue solved but what about the rest of us?! It would be nice to get this issue fixed for all of us seeing how it is not just one person who is posting that they are having a problem getting this download to work!!!

Faerae
Novice

After having my computer get shut off due to power outage somehow this update finally declared it could install. It took 4 times before it fully installed but it is done now. All I can say is either it was fixed or for some reason my computer needed an unwanted/ unplanned shut off to get this to install! 

0 Kudos
bazantik
Novice

Are you looking for a temporary solution? Install the drivers manually - the same way I did just right now. Here is the link to the Intel Download Center (Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters). Now, finally, I have the newest drivers (22.170.0.3)

@Mach282 @Pk_bakutehboy 

bazantik_0-1665764181761.png

0 Kudos
Mach282
Novice

Perfect! It worked beautifully. Intel needs to put the manual dl address in their troubleshooting guide rather than directing users to uninstall and reinstall the malfunctioning app.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello APols1, 

I would like to let you know that the issue with some downloads offered by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) not downloading resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) downloaded drivers. 

Our IDSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) settings for v22.6.42.2 (it should silently update to the latest version).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos