Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7350 Discussions

X1 Carbon AC7265 WiFi Issues

MChar15
Beginner

I have a X1 Carbon 3rd Gen with Windows 10 (64bit) and an AC7265 wifi card. I got the unit in July 2016 which came with Windows 8.1. When I started it for the first time, I received a free upgrade to Win10. I am an independent contractor working at a company where they have provided me with a user ID and password which allows me to join their wifi. From Jul to Dec of 2016 I had no issues with the wifi in their office. In January 2017, when I got back from holidays, the wifi would not stay connected and now it will not see the SSID of the corporate wifi itself. At my home office, there are no issues, it connects automatically. If I were to enable "airplane mode" and then turn wifi back on as well, it will see the corporate wifi SSID 50% of the time. However, the connection will not last. I have done the following:

1. Updated the driver

2. Replaced the wifi card

3. Replaced the mother board

4. Reinstalled Windows 10

5. Adjusted the configuration of the wifi card to match the same configuration as other users with the same laptop.

6. Downgraded the driver to the same version as other uses with the same laptop.

After the above, still no change. I have checked with the company I work for and they have not made any changes. I spoken to other contractors like myself who use their own laptops running Win10, and they have not seen any change, they are still connected with no issues.

Please advise if you can help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DorfHD,

We understand that your PC is having issues connecting to a specific network. Here are a few recommendations we can provide based on your description:

- Contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using their recommended driver, as well as the latest BIOS for your Motherboard.

- Disable the Bluetooth* component in your PC. This is normally done with a switch in the chassis, or a key combination.

- Make sure the adapter and antenna connectors are firmly plugged.

- Try manually adding the wireless profile (SSID, password, etc.)

For any further assistance, please provide the following details:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

- Do you have issues detecting/connecting to other networks? or only to this one?

- Access point model and firmware version.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We haven't received any updates for this thread. Feel free to contact us in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos