Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Zip file for Intel PROSet/Wireless v18.30.0?

idata
Employee

Looking at the download page for the latest PROSet/Wireless drivers v18.30.0, there is no longer a zip file available to download. There are only .EXE files and these are not self extracting files containing the .INF driver files.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25603/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

Is there a .ZIP file for v18.30.0 available somewhere? Or some other way to get just the .INF driver files?

There used to be a download page for "IT Administrators", but that no longer seems to exist.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

khemmelman,

We will check on this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please check your private message.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

"We will check on this and will get back to you as soon as possible."

Aleki, I brought the "IT Administrators" dead link issue to your attention weeks ago.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

GattoNero and khemmelman

We would like to inform you and clarify that the driver version 18.30.x is available only for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 and the Intel® Wireless-N 7265.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Aleki, the download page for the v18.30.0 driver does references a few other model adapters. Regardless, we do have devices with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter. Will there be a .ZIP file made available to use with image deployment solutions like MDT?

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Works fine on my AC 7260. I was able to get it from the now-nonexistent IT Admins zip file link, before you killed it after one day, I think it was.

It's also available in the Microsoft Update Catalog as a cab file. hkemmelman, try searching for the cab file here: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

Use Internet Explorer; it's wonky with other browsers.

You can use the name of the adapter or the hardware ID that you can find in the details tab of the adapter properties. cab files are like zip files. Download it and then use a utility like 7-Zip to unpack it. Update driver>Have Disk>point to the extracted folder. Done.

But all that is beside point. The issue is, Aleki, is your firm going to bring back the zip file link for us or no? It would make it so much more efficient for all of us, including you and Jonathan who have to read our repetitive requests for a simple file.

Regards.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

GattoNero and khemmelman

We are improving our support pages for better support. Please check your private message.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

GattoNero and khemmelman

Please check your private messages.

0 Kudos
KJako3
Beginner

I really second that request...I wonder why oh why anyone in the IT industry would ever choose to create .exe-only installers when every version of Windows since 3.0 has been able to use .INF.

.INF enables driver packages, PnP identification preventing people from installing bad or wrong drivers, not-needed drivers, Windows PE 7 DaRT solutions etc...in short, soooo many reasons to use .INF. No reasons for choosing .EXE installers...

0 Kudos