Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

ac7260 cisco 3702I

JThom25
Beginner

I have Intel AC7260 and I can not connect to 5.0Ghz SSID on a Cisco 3702I AP. I can see 5.0Ghz SSID on 3702E AP's. I have tried latest drivers and just about all suggestions I have read.

Any Ideas? Windows 7 Pro Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi jimt42, may I ask for the wireless authentication and encryption, and driver version being used?

Are you using Intel® PROSet Wireless Software to manage the connection or just the Windows* WLAN AutoConfig tool?

You may try the version 17.1.0 from the link below or check if the system manufacturer offers a newer version.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3622&DwnldID=24217 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3622&DwnldID=24217

You may also want to check (with the network administrator) the possibility of being able to connect to such AP based on the amount of clients that may be already connected to it.

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

Authentication is WPA2-Personal AES. Currently using Windows to manage the adapter. Installed the latest Drivers from Lenovo Version 17.12.0.4 dated 8/14/2014. I tried Intel 17.1.0 and set Intel to Manage as well with no improvement. Appears specific to the 3702i AP. I can connect at 2.4Ghz but not 5.0Ghz. I can connect to 3702e AP at 5.0Ghz. Cisco says they are the same hardware just different antenna's.

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

I wanted to add that the 3702i SSID's never even appear in the list of available SSID's while 3702e SSID's do. So I can not even select the SSID to authenticate. A wireless engineer looked at the packets and said I requested availability of the profiled SSID and the AP replied it was available, however it never appears in my list.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Once you created the service ticket, would you please share it here?

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

Service ticket created. level one could only confirm I have the latest drivers. Escalated ticket to level 2. Issues is myself and one other Intel Adapter laptop don't work another 14-16 folks intel and non-intel all work fine. We are at a temporary site closing tomorrow so escalation may not complete in time for resolution....

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are very interested on working with you and continue the troubleshooting.

Would you please create a service ticket from any of the options below and make reference of this community thread URL?

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Do you have the case number?

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

Intel ticket *****. Also another co-worker has exact same AC7260 in a Toshiba with identical issue. Another worker has N2230 same issue. 14-16 others and smartphones all working.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you!

I removed the ST number from the post as we do not want to disclose any personal information.

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

went off to the abyss of level 2 support never heard from again

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are following up on this. Let me know if you are contacted privately.

You may provide them with the Cisco* case number if you have any.

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

Saw no reason to open case with Cisco. More then a dozen laptops, tablets and smartphones were all connected to this AP\SSID. The only exceptions were AC7260 adapter laptops.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

jimt42 wrote:

Saw no reason to open case with Cisco. More then a dozen laptops, tablets and smartphones were all connected to this AP\SSID. The only exceptions were AC7260 adapter laptops.

If I were a Cisco engineer, I'd want to know that.

0 Kudos
JThom25
Beginner

We had Cisco wireless engineers onsite with us. They did the protocol sniffing and saw the adapter ask for ssid's and the AP responded properly.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Ah.

In that case, I got nothin'.

0 Kudos