Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

avec PC embarquant module M.2 AX200NGW ou carte PCI intégrant AX200NGW >>> les apps WiFi monitoring reportent de temps en temps sur CHAN=1 seulement des puissances de -20 à -15dbm !

RDITT2
Beginner

Windows 10 64bits 1909

Driver AX200

• Version21.80.0.3
  • Date02/09/2020

Certains routeurs ainsi que des printers HP tous éloignés (CHAN=1 seulement) voient leur puissance de signal (entre -80 et -70dbm) passer à plus de -20dbm . Bug quelque part.

Merci de votre retour

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RDITT2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

It is worth mentioning that our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded in this Intel Community.

In order to understand better your inquiry and environment, could you please provide the following details?

1- Please elaborate more on your inquiry and the information you are looking for.

2- Are you having issues with Wireless, Bluetooth, or both? Please provide details.

3- How many systems do you have with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200?

4- We understand that the wireless adapter is connected to the M.2 slot or integrated/connected to a PCI adapter?

Does it mean that you installed it on the computer? Are you a system integrator? Or did the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 come pre-installed in the system (factory configuration)?

Please provide details including the PCI adapters you are using (brand, model, etc.).

5- How are you checking the signal power?

6- When you mentioned "CHAN1", do you mean WiFi channels?

7- Please provide PC brand and models:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RDITT2
Beginner

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your interest on my request.

1. On windows10 triing 3 WiFI analyzers, I got same strange behavior with PC using AX200 WiFi module : for short periods of time, some WiFi Signals only 2.4 GHZ and only channel 1 are going up to -15dbm (when my close own routers are about -40bmm max)
  2. So only WiFi is impacted .... 2.4GHZ only channel=1 only
  3. 2 systems have the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and they have same issue. (This issue doesn't appear with an other PC using WiFI AC-3168)

0 Kudos
RDITT2
Beginner

previous reply sent by error, please forget it

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your interest on my request.

1. On windows10 triing 3 WiFI analyzers, I got same strange behavior with PC using AX200 WiFi module : for short periods of time, some WiFi Signals only 2.4 GHZ and only channel 1 are going up to -15dbm (when my close own routers are about -40bmm max)
  2. So only WiFi is impacted .... 2.4GHZ only channel=1 only
  3. 2 systems have the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and they have same issue. (This issue doesn't appear with an other PC using WiFI AC-3168)
  4.  On the laptop, HP Elite Book Folio 9480m, I exchanged the old M.2 module with a AX200NGW; On the tower based on ASUS B250M-K I added a PCI-E card :
  5. Ziyituod   ZYT-AX200   Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 - 2974Mbps + Bluetooth5.0 (amazon)
  6. Signal power is tested with 3 windows apps : "WiFi Analyzer" , "WifiInfoView", "Acrylic Wi-Fi" reporting same issue (could be windows API ??)
  7. CHAN1 = I mean WiFi 2.4GHz band, channel 1. (the only one having troubles)
  8. HP Elite Book Folio 9480m and a tower based on ASUS B250M-K (all systems are using last windows10 64bits, last drivers, last bios)

Best regards

Ron

0 Kudos
RDITT2
Beginner

Please find below a screenshot of encountered issue (Livebox-F550 & orange wifi signals)

wifi signal.png

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RDITT2

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to check this information further and we will be updating this thread soon.

Also, we send you a private message to gather some additional details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RDITT2

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, we noticed that both wireless cards were added to the systems laptop and PC desktop (Wireless integration).

Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations and it is always recommended to check first with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the laptop, motherboard or desktop PC before installing Wireless cards. For more information please refer to the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

The Ziyituod ZYT-AX200 is actually considered a third-party wireless card (using Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 chip) and we recommend checking further with the manufacturer of this PCI Wireless card since they are the ones that integrated the chip in the PCI adapter and also they are the ones that handle all the technical specifications for this device including the option of providing their customized drivers.

For the M.2 module AX200NGW added to the  HP Elite Book Folio 9480m, the HP* website mentions that this laptop only comes with the following Wireless Adapters:

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN

Having said that, we cannot guarantee that the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 added to this laptop will work fine nor we cannot confirm full compatibility. Since this is happening on Channel 1 and band 2.4GHz only, then most likely this could be due to the wireless integration.

For this reason, we kindly recommend you to check this further with HP* support to confirm compliance of Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade and additional information and support options.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

RDITT2
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I understand your position as I worked for large computers companies as Customer Support Manager...

I'll not join either HP for M.2 module nor Ziyituod for the PCI card as this is not a big issue for me.

But I preferred to communicate what I discovered in case it could help somebody.

For your information, I've just tested the system having the Ziyituod PCI card with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS... I used LinSSID and I saw the same issue (on WiFi 2.4, CHAN=1 sometime some signals could have 100% quality up to -15dbm).

Best regards & Many thanks for all.

Ron

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RDITT2

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate you took the time to join the community and share the feedback about this behavior. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos