Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

ax200 speed drop on Ax router

abogrhen
Novice

i have been using ax200 for a while now 

but when i connect it to an AX router

the speed is great But after few hours the speed goes down significantly

the only solution is to disable the wifi card and enable it again which solve it for a short period of time

win10 on 21.30.3

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

Based on the information provided on the following thread, https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004QdHEF, we would like to know if you are still experiencing this problem under this system configuration:

MAXIMUS VII HERO - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/specifications/

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 21.30.3

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 10.0.18965 Build 18965

BIOS 3003, 10-28-2015 (Not the latest) - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Note: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Also, we would like to have the following information:

1. Did the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 come preinstalled on your motherboard? Is this a wireless integration?

2. What is your router model?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
abogrhen
Novice

using the same system but i went back to stock win10 to see if the insider is the problem

the wifi card is installed by me

i had INTEL WIRELESS-AC 9260 and before that AC 7260

with no problem

i tried a clean install of windows but the same problem

the router is netgear rax120 ax6000

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

Thank you for your response.

When performing a clean installation of the wireless drivers, we recommend using these steps:

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

It is recommended to perform a clean installation of both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers.

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version: 21.30.0

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers version: 21.30.3

Please let us know if the issue persists if you follow these steps. 

Wanner G.

abogrhen
Novice

so after more troubleshooting by me

and getting my hand on

7 laptops and 4 AX routers

5 laptops uses the ax200 the other 2 uses other cards

2 routers are the same netgear rax120 the other 2 are asus and d-link

all the 7 laptops don't have problem with other 2 router( ASUS and D-LINK )

the 2 laptops with non intel card don't have problem with netgear

the 5 laptops with intel cards have the same problem as my pc as they connect at full speed but after some time the speed drops significantly

0 Kudos
abogrhen
Novice

so as i expected it is SW compatibility problem between the intel AX200 and the RAX120 

i hope intel and netgear work it out 

CGood12
Beginner

Just like to say the Clean Install instructions vastly improved my speeds. Now I'm getting 500 down / 600 up on an Asus AX11000

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No one will see your post in the middle of a five month old thread.

Doc

0 Kudos
CGood12
Beginner

You did. And I saw & was assisted by the information in a 5 month old thread.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

We would like to gather more information based on your findings. 

1. 5 laptops with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200. 

Did they come with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 preinstalled? Did you perform a hardware integration on these systems?

2. Make sure both the laptops and the RAX120 routers are using the the same Wi-Fi standard and configuration. 

• Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  • Click Device Manager.
  • Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  • Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  • Click the Advanced tab to configure the advanced settings.
  • Make sure the 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode is set to 802.11ax to enable 802.11ax data rates. 
  • Check this configuration on the router, too.

3. If the issue persists, try using the VHT mode or 802.11ac standard on both the laptop and the router for testing purposes.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
abogrhen
Novice

for the 5 laptops the ax200 was preinstalled

the configuration was as you mentioned

i tried to set to AC only mode but still happened

also today

i tried on one laptop the killer newer driver to test (21.40.2.2)

the speed drop still happen but less frequently than before in 10 hours one time

so i think it is SW compatibility problem between the two

also if you continuously uploading or downloading the problem disappear

as soon as the connection idle for some time the speed drop

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

We will do further research about this behavior and update this thread soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

Since the 5 laptops came with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 preinstalled, we would like to know if this problem happens while using the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers or the generic drivers available at the Download Center. Having speed issues or any other behavior in more than 5 systems usually means that there is a driver, OS, or compatibility issue.

If this problem occurs while running both OEM and generic drivers, then there could be an issue with the integration performed by the system manufacturer in these computers. These systems may need to have a specific setting (BIOS, OS, etc.) configured in order to alleviate it.

For these reasons, our recommendation is that you can contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and report this problem so that they can try to reproduce it or contact the router manufacturer or Intel if needed.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
abogrhen
Novice

OEM and generic drivers are used for all and from different manufacturer ( Razer-dell-lenovo )

they are coworker laptops that i asked for to test and all of them don't have an AX router so they did not notice the problem

the problem happened first on a desktop pc where I have upgraded the wifi card to the ax200 so i don't think it is "issue with the integration performed by the system manufacturer in these computers "

i have contacted netgear and there is multiple people in there forum facing the same problem with ax200 when used with RAX120

0 Kudos
kchan160
Beginner

I got the same problem from Intel AX200 with Netgear RAX120. The speed drop is terrible.

I am regret why don't I search this post before buying.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello abogrhen,

Performing wireless integrations is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Before installing or changing the Intel® Wireless Adapter, Intel recommends that you contact the system manufacturer to obtain approval, step-by-step instructions, and support. It is worth mentioning that the integration may or may not work. It may also cause other performance issues due to the following reasons:

1. Hardware/software compatibility issues or dependencies.

2. Manufacturer limitations.

3. Driver limitations.

We definitely understand the points you have made on this thread, but we recommend you to work with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) first to determine if they can reproduce this issue and try to contact the router manufacturer.

It is worth mentioning that this problem could be related to your environment and network configuration. 

Wanner G.

0 Kudos