Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

ax210 bluetooth audio

evage6520
Beginner

My bluetooth headphones are pairing via the ax210, but can't play bluetooth audio, nor appear as sound device in windows 11. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello evage6520,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Is this a laptop or desktop system? Provide me with the model of the system
  • Is the Bluetooth working as expected on other devices?
  • Do you experience any issues with WiFi?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
evage6520
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. It is a mini pc as follows

AZW Green G2

BIOS

Version

JTKT001

Date

3/11/2022

MOTHERBOARD

Manufacturer

AZW

Model

Green G2

Version

Default string

OPERATING SYSTEM

Edition

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)

Version (Build)

21H2 (10.0.22000)

Devices and Drivers

PROCESSOR

Intel® Celeron® N5095 @ 2.00GHz

GRAPHICS

Intel® UHD Graphics

AUDIO

USB Audio Device

USB Audio Device

USB Audio 2.0

NETWORKING AND I/O

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

MEMORY

8 GB

STORAGE

NORELSYS 1081CS0 USB Device

SCY SSD 64GB N10C

NORELSYS 1081CS1 USB Device

Problem appeared after installing the ax 210 wireless card. Bluetooth on other devices works fine.

Wireless fine. 

0 Kudos
evage6520
Beginner

Hi Jean, any advise for me?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello evage6520,

I appreciate your response.

You mentioned that the issue started after installing the ax210 wireless card. Does it mean that you add/integrate the wireless card to your system?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
evage6520
Beginner

Hey Jean, the problem was solved by reinstalling Windows! I have one more question for you. How can I install aptx codec support for the ax 210?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello evage6520,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved.

Regarding your question, according to the Bluetooth features list by edition on the Microsoft support page, the Apt-X codec is supported in Windows 10. However, if you want more information as to how to enable it, I would recommend contacting Microsoft support for more information about how to enable it, keep in mind that it's a feature of the Operating System.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/component-guidelines/bluetooth

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello evage6520,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
XB56
Beginner

I have this same problem after just installing AX210 in a Lenovo T14 laptop with Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U. Devices paired and showing as connected to Bluetooth in Windows 11 don't appear as connected with audio but as soon as I play music, they disconnect and sound goes to the internal sound card. I've uninstalled the Bluetooth adapter, updated to the latest Intel Bluetooth and wifi drivers. run the Bluetooth troubleshooter, paired, deleted, and re-paired multiple devices, and reinstalled Windows. Three different Bluetooth audio devices do the exact same thing. Suggestions are welcome.

0 Kudos