Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

bluetooth and windows 10

acmij
Beginner

Every time I startup my sony vaio Intel seems to overwrite the old settings of my bluetooth, I don't why it does it, but it does, maybe Windows 10 tells it to do so.

It's very annoying and I can't figure why, I have Intel Assitant installed, so I can check if they are latest for my machine. Well it does not, I use the Your Phone program plus Oneplus6 so it won't do with a general bluetooth driver.

So I have to to Apps in Settings choose Intel Bluetooth and modify it, then it will set the right drivers for my machine.

Now I will ask if somebody from Intel will help me by remote, look into my machine and look what's wrong here and hopefully fix it permanently.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello acmij,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We need to inform you that here in the forum we are not able to provide you with the remote support that you are looking for; however, we have other support channels that you can use to receive remote assistance, down below you will find our contact information.

we would recommend phone or chat support venues during your regular working hours.

Here is our "contact us" information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@7

We would recommend phone or chat support venues during your regular working hours.

However, if you want to continue with us and be assisted here in the forum you are more than welcome to do it, we will need the report from the following tool to do that.

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Please let us know how you would like to proceed so we can either close this thread or move forward with your support request.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello acmij,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
acmij
Beginner

Hey, 

I checked my apps in settings and voila I found the two evils: WIDCOMM and BROADCOMM..

Removed them and to my amazement I saw the icon on the taskbar and Call option honored.

I do not understand after 2 sessions with Microsoft chat, they could not help me out, I found it myself, and that's the best one can get...

Greetings everybody, so you know hnow how to do it..

And Microsoft keep off Bluetooth will ye?

thank you

greetings

acmij

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello acmij,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue and thank you for sharing your findings, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos