Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection

MKOVA16
Novice

My laptop has an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter. Windows 10 Home 1909.

Using either up-to-date Chrome or the latest version of Microsoft Edge.

Frequently, when I navigate to most new sites (I won't list every site, but they're highly varied -- not just google news, google calendar, gmail, etc.) I first get the dns_probe_finished_bad_config error. It appears for a couple seconds then the site loads automatically or once I click Refresh, it loads.

This issue can happen repeatedly, where this problem occurs for every site I access; or they can disappear and not occur at all for minutes or hours at a time.

The network never disconnects. I can also be streaming, or in a webinar, or any other downloading/uploading activity might be happening, and they continue uninterrupted, at normal high speeds.

What is going on here? Let's begin to troubleshoot this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MKOVA16
Novice

Hi Albert,

Laptop: Lenovo C940 14-IIL

Access Point: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Computer is a couple months old.

Actually, I can pre-empt any further support. It seems setting my DNS to the cloudfire DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) solved this particular problem. No idea why. Support from redditors solved this rather quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MKOVA16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

What is the model of the Router or Access Point?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MKOVA16
Novice

Hi Albert,

Laptop: Lenovo C940 14-IIL

Access Point: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Computer is a couple months old.

Actually, I can pre-empt any further support. It seems setting my DNS to the cloudfire DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) solved this particular problem. No idea why. Support from redditors solved this rather quickly.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi MKOVA16, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that setting the DNS to the cloudfire DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) fixed the problem and now the computer is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos