Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

[driver issue] Intel Wireless AC 9260 drops network connection

agggg
Novice

Note: This is only about WLAN and not Bluetooth.

Hey,

I recently upgraded my notebook WiFi to wireless adapter 9260. Windows 10 Pro 1903 recognized it, installed driver version 20.90.0.7 no issues what so ever. However I decided to snatch the latest Intel drivers (21.20.0.5) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99445/Intel-Wireless-AC-9260

Big mistake. With those drivers (21.20.0.5) the card started dropping either the network traffic or even the whole WLAN connection.

Rolling back to 20.90.0.7 resolves the issue.

Love.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

Thank you for sharing this information I hope it would be useful for the community.

Please keep in mind that for wireless integration we recommend confirming with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) the system compatibility you can also find more information on the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

The driver detects the wireless adapter location so there can't be any regulatory issue. Also the're no OEM drivers. For what point? Intel generic drivers have to provide at least all features the product brief advertises.

Intel generic driver 21.20.0.5 -> buggy

Intel generic driver 20.90.0.7 -> working

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

The drivers that we provide will support all the features from the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 but since this is an OEM notebook you have to confirm the what customizations they have performed and if the Intel® adapter is compatible with their system design.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

Hey,

It’s an Intel notebook with an Intel chipset. The previous (original) wireless adapter was an Intel 7265. There are no hardeware locks. Conclusion: 100% compatibility. Old driver proves it.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

Thank you for the details. Intel provides the internal components to the OEM for then to integrate them on the system. In order to look into your system set up Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

Hello Leo,

enclosed you will find the SSU generated text file.

Regards

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

Thank you for providing the system report after looking into the file I see that you have HP Pavilion Notebook SKU: 2ZG38EA#ABD and since this OEM system set up we recommend contacting HP to confirm the compatibility and if the integrations can be performed.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

As I said before, with an old Intel generic driver everything works fine. Now with the new Intel generic driver it's broken. This proves hardware compatibility and ponting to a driver issue.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

Do you have any issue with the Bluetooth connectivity? 

Do you have the same behavior if you test the system on a different wireless network? 

Do you have the same issue if you complete a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers? Reference link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
kwast1
Beginner

Thank you very much.

Steps to save the report:

1-  Run the utility.

2-  Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-  Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-  Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-  To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box...Read More

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

Have you tried the steps provided for the driver installation, and performed the testing advised?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello agggg

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos