My intel driver version currently intalled is 126.96.36.199. whenever I try to install the updated driver version which is 17.1.1501, it always fails to update. I have tried trough windows update and intel driver update utility, but the results are same. Do anyone has a solution..
Is this adapter the original one that came installed in this computer when you bought it?
What is the exact error message you get when you try to install it?
What is your OS version?
The adaptor came installed with my Dell XPS L502x( Early 2011) OEM version. Adaptor: Intel Centrino N-1030, OS: windows 7 SP 1.
There is no error message. It simply says failed after almost completing the whole installation process. I have attached the log file for your reference.
I again tried to updated driver through device manager. It returned a error saying installation blocked. below is the snapshot of the error message.I had tried uninstalling the driver and again updating, I still have same problem.
Here are some important things found in the information you provided:
- The WiFi driver 188.8.131.52 seems to be an OEM version, since this version is not available with any of the general releases from Intel. Please let us know if this driver was obtained from the PC manufacturer, or through Windows updates.
- The driver version 17.1.1501.01 is actually for the Bluetooth component of the wireless adapter and is not directly related to WiFi.
Please follow these instructions to manually remove the previous drivers, then install the current versions:
- As first option, you should obtain the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers from the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Site. The drivers available in Intel® Download Center are generic versions and can be used as second option.
- Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23723/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*, version 16.11.0. File name: Wireless_16.11.0_s64.exe
- Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24847/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (WP), version 17.1.1501.01.
- Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
- Also in Control Panel - Programs, uninstall Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology (uninstall any patch first, then any other version that may have remained).
- In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
- Also in Device Manager, under Bluetooth Radios, Uninstall the Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth®, also selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
- Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
- Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
- Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology downloaded before.