Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

dual band wireless-ac 8265 will not stay asleep - WOWLAN issues

JJohn95
Beginner

wake on lan is working fine with my wired network on the same computer, but with the same settings for WowLan on W10 (in the driver settings: enable wake on magic packet, and checking only allow wake on magic packet in power settings) the computer is waking up 5 to 20 minutes after it goes to sleep.

Since its working perfectly for the wired setup on the same computer, I assume my windows is setup correctly, and the issue is with the wireless somehow, but I'm not sure how to correct it. Ive also disabled wake on pattern match in the driver settings. The windows event viewer also shows the wireless adapter is reasonsible for waking the computer, but doesn't indicate why. Help appreciated, thanks!

mobo: msi b250i gaming pro ac

0 Kudos
32 Replies
JJohn95
Beginner

Hey,

1)I've tried this:

powercfg -lastwake 

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

and the first always shows my wifi card, and the second shows only my wifi card as able to wake the computer, and ive only had this issue when the wifi card is able to wake the computer.

2) both of the other devices dont wake up in the network

3) no, i cant without getting a different router, but my router is combined with my modem so this isnt a real option anyways.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JJohn95

Thank you for the details on the behavior.

We want to investigate/test the behavior that you are having, in order to do so please provide me with the following information:

1. Run the utility.
    1. Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
    2. Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
    3. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 
    4. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.
  • The information on the Intel Windows WiFi Issue report documented (Attachment).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JJohn95
Beginner

This is wasting both our times. - I sent you this report already, why do you keep asking me for it? It's in a post above.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 Let me investigate the behavior with the information available. I will be posting back as soon as possible. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 Thank you for waiting. Can you try the new driver 21.0.0 on the system? Download link for the wireless driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28687/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150 Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 Have you test the driver on the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JJohn95
Beginner

I tried it, it didnt work.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JJohn95

Thank you for the testing that you have performed.

We want to investigate more the behavior that you are having, in order to do so please provide me with updated reports including the recent drivers changes. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Fill up the Intel Windows WiFi Issue report documented (Attachment)

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 Have you fill up the reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JJohn95 I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DSerr
Beginner

Had the same issue too. Tried all things, old drivers, new drivers, clean installs, many settings on Device Manager / Intel Wireless Adapter / Advanced Options, nothing seems to work.

I just wanted to keep my NUC on sleep, and only wakes on my command. On Device Manager, already checked option to "Allow this device to wake up computer" and "Allows only Magic Packect reactivation". But put NUC to sleep, and few minutes later, wakes up.

Found a similar issue but was solved using a Router Setting to Group Key Update Interval (aka key renewal interval). So I changed my Intel Wireless IP from "Obtain IP..." to specify a fixed IP address with my router's IP as default gateway and dns, put it to sleep, and keeps on that mode finally.

0 Kudos