Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

incomplete communication between router and laptop

NicoBoots
Beginner

Hello,

I am using the router the TP-Link router TL-WR904N for my home network. Everything works fine, all in-house phones, tablets, printers and laptops use it without problems, except recently for one particular laptop (Asus, Windows 10, 64bit and with  the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter). The problem started when I discovered that I could not print anymore: the laptop was unable to connect to the printer. I could still surf on the Internet, get and send mail, but I was unable to connect to the router using the IP adress: 192.168.1.1 to check the status. The message that I receive in all browsers is that the laptop cannot make a connection with this server. Using a second laptop I can see that the Asus laptop is still present in the DHCP Clients List of the router.  But apparently, the laptop behaves if it is no longer part of the home network! However, the taskbar on the laptop indicates that I have an Internet connection via the TP-link router (I write this message on the laptop in question), and I have installed the latest Intel drivers, but I still cannot connect to the router or any other item in the Network. 

I have no idea what is causing this strange behavior. Is it the router, the laptop or the Intel wireless adapter? Can anyone help me and suggest asolution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello NicoBoots,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community.

After reviewing the information, it seems like the problem is not related to the wireless card itself, since you still have an internet connection; we believe that the issue is related to the settings and Operating System.

Even though this is out of our scoop of support, we want to provide you with some recommendations:

Our best recommendation is to verify the configuration of the Router and system and make sure that nothing is blocking the printer port. For this please contact the laptop manufacturer or router manufacturer so they can provide you the proper guidance.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello NicoBoots,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos