Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

intel 7260 AC Bluetooth mic stuck on low quality.

JMora19
Beginner

So I purchased a some bluetooth headphones (turtlebeach black ops 2 tango) and when I connect the mic it is stuck in low quality mode.

I have tried updating the drivers but it did nothing.

I have tried everything I can think of so if someone knows a fix or if I should just get rid of this 7260AC

My wife has a win 8 tablet and when I connect it has dvd quality voice.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello GenoMan,

The quality of the microphone sound may depend on different factors. Some headsets may require additional configuration, or may use Bluetooth® profiles that are not provided with Intel drivers.

Please check the support page for your Turtle Beach Headset, as it may have recommendations about this:

http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517212/ http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517212/

For further assistance, let us the PC model, Operating System, and driver version you are using. Was the adapter installed from factory in the computer? Did you obtain the driver from the PC manufacturer, or Intel's website?

You might want to contact the headset manufacturer support and check if they have additional information about this condition.

0 Kudos
JMora19
Beginner

thank you for the reply!

I can tell you I have tried it every way. I even switched from win 7 to win 8.1 so i could try those drivers too.

before i answer your questions I have one more. what is wrong with the range on the Bluetooth..if i do not hold my head 6 inches from my pc i hear popping and the connection cuts out. And that is not an exaggeration...6....inches!

current BT driver 17.1.1411.504

PC manufacturer: Cyber Power

7260ac came FACTORY installed on a msi z97i ac MOBO

The current driver i believe I got from msi.. but I have tried the one from intel as well.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello GenoMan,

The signal quality may be affected by different factors, the location of the antennas in the computer, materials used, other devices operating in the 2.4 Ghz band, concurrent use of WiFi and Bluetooth, etc.

Please check in Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options, then change the plan settings, in the advanced power settings, verify that the Wireless Adapter is set to Maximum Performance.

Also, take into consideration that you should use the most recent drivers for Bluetooth and also for WiFi connectivity, to make sure both drivers interact correctly.

If the issue persists, you might want to check with the PC manufacturer if they have additional recommendations about this topic.

0 Kudos