Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

intel 9560 no internet when launching games

DVirg1
Beginner

I opted for a internet adapter upgrade, so i managed to change the 9462 to a 9560. Everything is working, the internet speeds are way better, connection is stable while doing daily things like youtube facebook downloads (even big ones like games >100gb) except when i launch games (CSGO/Call of Duty Warzone) the internet drops. The connection is still available but it shows no internet. To make it work again i have to close the game and run the troubleshoot. Troubleshooting says: "the default gateway is not available". Tried a lot of settings for the router but they didn't work. Other computers are working fine on this connection. Tried doing a mobile hotspot using the same band (5ghz) and it seemed to be working fine. I'm using the latest intel driver from intel support but i've also tried using the latest driver MSI provide. Also tried reinstalling windows twice. There might be a workaround to have it working - force the adapter to use only 20mhz bandwith, but it sacrifices like 80% of my actual provider internet speed and i want to use all the bandwith available (that's why i opted for the upgrade).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

DVirg1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

After upgrading the Intel® Wireless card, at some point did it work fine when running the games?

Did you check directly with MSI before upgrading the Intel® Wireless card to make sure it is fully compatible with their platform?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

What is the model of the Router?

Which application are you using to run the games, like for example Steam?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DVirg1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DVirg1
Beginner

Hi! I'm using a fairly new laptop (about 6months) - running with an intel ac9560 that exchanged my manufacturer ac9462 for achieving better signal / speed. Games (steam and battle.net) were running perfect on my home router (2.4ghz) but now on my other place i have an archer c6 ac1200 - dualband, connected to 5ghz - internet shows no connection when running games. on msi forums many people recommend the upgrade to 9560. Seems like running a higher channel for the router (100) - which my tplink can't but my isp's router is able to - solves the problem. At the moment i gave up using tplink's router (they even sent me a beta firmware to try solve the problem but it didn't work).

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

DVirg1, Thank you very much for providing that information.

For this specific scenario, based on the fact that the Internet problem does not happen when using the ISP's Router, it indicates that the source of the issue is not related to the Intel® Wireless driver, it could be related to the Archer c6 ac1200 router itself, to its settings or even could be a compatibility matter between the Router and the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card.

So, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with TP-Link to report this situation and for them to verify if there is another firmware update available to install it on the Router, they should be able to check the settings on the Router as well and provide further assistance on this matter:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DVirg1
Beginner

The problem also occurs on isp's router when the channel it uses for the 5ghz network is not DFS (all tplinks available channels were non-dfs). Also, other laptops, using different wifi adapters from mine and phones work perfectly on any configuration of the routers. Got to mention i tried running games on my gf's laptop and they worked on both isp's and tplink's router, DFS or not regarding the channel. So i'm thinking it might be a hardware or software related problem afterall...

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

DVirg1, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

So, just to confirm, you mentioned that "running a higher channel for the ISP's router (100) solves the problem", is this the same Router you just described above that shows the same problem when the channel it uses for the 5Ghz network is not DFS?  

Also, you mentioned that at home, if you use this same laptop but with a different Router there is no Internet connection problem, is that correct? 

That other Router, is it also a TP-LInk Router?

Do you have the option to test that same Router with your laptop on a 5Ghz band?

The reason why we wanted to confirm that information is because even though there are other devices that work fine with the TP-Link Router, in this case as you stated before, the problem seems to be related to a hardware or software related problem but on the Router itself, with the configuration of it, like for example with the DFS or any other setting that Router might have, that is why we suggested to verify that with Tp-Link directly for them to confirm those details.

Now,there is also the chance that the problem is related to the laptop itself, a hardware problem with it or not being fully compatible with that specific TP-Link router. In that case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with MSI for them to be aware of this scenario, for them to maybe try to replicate the issue using the same exact computer that you have and to confirm if there might be a new Wireless driver that contains the fix for this problem: 

https://us.msi.com/support  

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DVirg1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DVirg1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos