Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

intel centrino advanced-n 6235 sporadic dropouts and freezing

JB26
New Contributor I

We have brand new Samsung NP700Z5C-S02UB's Series7 with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless card. We are having major issues with WiFi strength and also the connection dropping out and stuttering that is bad enough to drop downloads and uploads to servers. I have faster speeds, better range and a more secure connection with our WEBos phones and everyone knows how horrible they are. I also have better range, coverage and speed with my other HP laptop which uses a BROADCOM chipset.

Please fix this issue with the Intel chipset and WifI driver for the N6235, the laptop is completely unusable at this point for work. I will switch the company to HP with Broadcom drivers if you don't.

We are nearing the return time of the Samsung laptop and still no resolution for this major, Failtel you really bl6235 I connectionte

75 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Boz,

Not sure if you have solved your problem yet,but I was/possibly still am having the same issue, but has been fine for 24 hours or so which is rare.

I've twiddled around with the advanced wireless card setting and selected roaming aggressiveness to High and preferred band to 5.2GHz, Bluetooth off, transmit power highest. These changes are currently working for me and thought I'd share as it's bugging me too.

If you'd like a full breakdown of my settings let me know.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Hey it's brand new, I should not have to shut off bluetooth and mess with the card settings to avoid the issues it's been having. Returned the laptop and awaiting a replacement, if it still has the Intel Centrino 6235 wifi issue it will be returned for a Asus with AMD and broadcom chipset. We've tried Windows7 and Windows8 and 4 different driver version including the latest.

We had Sony Vaio laptops that kept having south bridge issues and Intel never admitted they screwed up the quality on those either.

0 Kudos
MSung
Beginner

Intel,

Based my research, the issue is not limited to one system or manufacture, but across all model and manufactures which uses this device. Which suggest the problem is at the device not the computer.

Please look into the issue what's causing this issue.

I turned off 802.11n mode as someone suggested and the connection seems holding without a drop, but this is just a work around.

I and many others like to get a solution to this issue.

0 Kudos
mlang10
Beginner

Thanks Tom!

Just purchased Samsung laptop with this wifi card and been trying to fix the problem all day! A laptop is useless after all without wifi!

Problem seems to have been resolved after your suggestion of disabling 802.11n.

Was very close to taking the laptop back in and getting the bloody intel wifi card replaced by a better brand.

Wonderful support from intel suggesting to change the frequencies, don't have a clue do they.

0 Kudos
mlang10
Beginner

BTW intel, incase you're interested, this problem relating to 802.11n seems to be relative to the signal strength - your card seems to struggle with maintaining the signal when it's not right next to my router.

Since switching off the 802.11n I no longer have drop outs every 30-60 seconds, but I only have 2-3 bars, with full power directed to the wifi card (not in power save mode).

My older Sony laptop however has no problem maintaining a full strength signal - your card seems a bit weak and .well.. frankly cheap.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please notice this subject was already posted in the thread: /thread/31090 http://communities.intel.com/thread/31090

As recommended earlier you may want to contact the computer manufacturer as the cause might be related to integration or a defective adapter they may need to replace.

Please keep in mind the Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter was included as part of an OEM system, so the warranty is provided by the computer manufacturer due to an agreement with Intel®. The same applies to other OEM components provided by Intel® such as chipsets, SSDs or processors.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Well what me and other people would like to know is the exact issue with the WiFi card, obviously Intel knows or they would not release software updates. Since it's multiple devices and systems that experience the same issues, it's obvious it is not an OEM issue, Joe. We aren't stupid.

idata
Employee

I would like to confirm what Simon has found. I turned off my router's 5.2GHz band (so I am only connected on the 2.4 GHz band) and have all this issues that have been reported for months now. I reverse it and connect only to the 5.2 GHz band and things are great. Connecting at home on the 5.2 GHz band is fine and all; however, I travel for business and 99% of public wifi spots are only 2.4 GHz. So, good news is: Bluetooth works fine, 5.2 GHz works fine.....but if I want wifi when travelling, I have to stick a Cisco-Linksys dongle thingy to my nice sleek new laptop. The irony is that the Linksys USB adapter has a Broadcom chip in it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After noticing that the problem, for me, only seems to be on the 2.4 GHz band, I have found the problem may not only be with the 6235 card. While I was running my router only on the 2.4 GHz band (5.2 GHz disabled on router) my wife noticed that her computer was not connecting well, it has an Intel WiMax 6250, and yet another computer has the Intel WiMax 6150 card. Never noticed these slow downs and drops because these computers normally are at home connected to the 5.2 GHz band. I uninstalled the 15.x driver/software on the 6250 and installed the 14.3.1 driver/software on it, connection is much better. Too bad the 14.x drivers do not support the 6235 card. So, Intel, I think the problem may be more wide spread than first thought, looks to me like your 15.x drivers have a 2.GHz band connection problem, period! I get a stable 300 Mbps connection on 5.2 GHz, but 2.4 GHz connections are a nightmare! Please work on a solution!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Samsung 700Z Chronos with Intel Centrino 6235 and in the last 2 months my Wi Fi connection has been constantly interrupted. I try updating the Centrino but it cannot be updated due to "Factory error". In the last years it is never been so difficult for me to navigate, download software or maintain Skype calls. Pleas fix this son. I never expected this from such brands as Intel and Samsung.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Hey Ricardo, please post you issue in this thread:

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you very much for posting.

We continue monitoring for valuable information in order to provide feedback of the issues. Intel® is aware and actively trying to address the remaining issues not solved with the latest driver release.

I regret any inconvenience caused and thank you again for your understanding.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I experience the same issue on brand new Asus UX31A - Windows 8

Driver version: 15.6.1

11n support is disabled in the router and the driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have same problems.

Notebook Samsung NP530U3C

with Wifi card:Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235

Wifi driver:15.6.1.20 2/23/2013 or older

I've tried Windows7, Windows8, ThinPC, Windows Server 2012.

On Windows 8 I'v tried 4 different driver version including the latest.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for posting.

For this specific scenario please report your issue as indicated here:

/message/192239# 192239 http://communities.intel.com/message/192239# 192239

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have samsung Np900X4C-A07US with centrino N 6235 wifi, and i have terrible problems dropouts and also the maximum download speed i get is 10 mbits, even with another laptop next to it i get 50 mbits.

0 Kudos
JEmen
Novice

My Samsung Chronos 7 had a Centrino N 6235. I was having the same problem: it wouldn't connect to some AP's. With other AP's, I'd get these strange pauses.

Eventually, I just took the bottom cover off of the laptop and replaced the Intel card with a Ralink half-height mini-pic-express wi-fi bluetooth card. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
ABour3
Beginner

I just bought a Samsung Series 7 as above. I cannot believe that the only fix for this is to completely remove the Intel hardware and replace with a more effective (better) brand of wifi adapter. I thought that Intel were supposed to be market leaders? I will try and avoid them in the future and advise others to do the same.

0 Kudos
JCurr6
Beginner

Also having major problems with this network device Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235 have a Samsung 770z5e, have huge drop outs , sometimes it takes me 15mins to reconnect to the network. Dont know if i must return the laptop wifi is pathetic. Disconnected twice just in the time taken to register, and make this post.

0 Kudos
APien1
Beginner

Hi Home-World!

What router do you use on your network?

0 Kudos