Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

intel dual band ac 3165 issue

MUmer
Beginner

Hi..I am using Hp pro book 450 G4 with windows 10 professional 64 bit. I purchased the laptop 6 months ago. In start wifi was working perfect...but after 2 months its started to give limited connectivity or shows red cross(no connectivity) on the wifi icon. I updated the drivers but drives are not being updated from 19.51.8.1 to 20.0.0. Please support me on this problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello M.Umer,

Thanks for posting. We understand that you're experiencing wireless connectivity problems with your laptop.

The driver version that will get installed varies depending on the operating system and adapter version. Even though the latest Intel wireless driver packet version for Windows 10* (known as https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27309/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=89450 Intel® PROSet for Wireless) is 20.10.2 as of today, the latest driver version for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is 19.51.8.2.

When the connection drops and you see the "Limited Connection" or red cross for wireless, what's the status of the wireless adapter on Device Manager?

Also, in order to better assist you, we would like to gather some more information. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility (while connected to your network) and share the resulting report with us.

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello M.Umer,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the thread. Please let us know if you're still experiencing wireless connection issues on your laptop.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos