Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

intel dual band wirless ac 7265 not detecting wirless

bwynn
Beginner

i recently built a computer (windows 10 /64 bit) and put one of these chips in it, and it has detected it but the chip but, won't do any wireless activities, bluetooth, wifi, hotspot. I've downloaded all the drivers i could find for it and reset my network settings, off and on dozens of times, followed a few other support pages, but it still wont work. the last thing i want to do is to have to pull it out as it takes a good hour to dismantle my pc to get it out. but where do i go from here.

its in an Asrock extreme 4 motherboard with an I7 7700k chip, no antennas on the case, although that shouldn't matter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I presume we are talking about one of the mini PCIe cards? You must connect antennas to these cards for them to work. These antennas do not need to go outside the chassis, but range can be severely limited iinside.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I presume we are talking about one of the mini PCIe cards? You must connect antennas to these cards for them to work. These antennas do not need to go outside the chassis, but range can be severely limited iinside.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
bwynn
Beginner

N.Scott.Pearson yeah its a m.2 chip, i had my phones hotspot ontop of my case (about 25mm/1" above the card) and it still wasnt registering it, could it be that limited. Thanks. Here is Intel's page https://goo.gl/i1tAqz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If no antennas connected, it might not connect at all.

...S

0 Kudos
bwynn
Beginner

quick update. it turns out antennas are required. thank you so much N.Scott.Pearson

0 Kudos