Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

intel wireless-ac 3165 wireless adapter not working on Dell Inspiron 13 laptop

KPere
Novice

Since January my wifi adapter is disabled intermittently. Sometimes it comes back on after I try a few things like reinstalling drivers but this happens randomly. On device manager the adapter is disabled with error code 45.

Details:

- Dell inspiron 13 laptop 7000 series, service tag (DSJZ2C2)

- Windows 10

- proset wireless software version 20.40.0, driver version 19.51.11.2

What I have tried:

- uninstall and clean install of driver, at first repairing proset installation worked too. Also tried the driver version not packaged as proSet...that didn't help either.

- dell factory reset and tried previous Bios versions, rolling back on windows updates (the adapter was detected only briefly and stopped after the next restart)

- also tried system restore to a point in time where I did have wifi, this helped initially but then I ran into a BSOD situation when I tried an earlier system restore to get it working again.

- network reset, didn't make a difference

I am out of options now and can only access internet through my ethernet connection which is not ideal. I would appreciate any help or suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KPere
Novice

Disconnecting the wireless adapter (removing black and white connectors) and taking it out of the slot and putting it back in seemed to have fixed the issue. My wifi has been working fine for 2 days now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kdperera,

Thanks for posting.

Device error code 45 suggests the hardware is disconnected, you might want to take your system to a Dell* service center for revision.

However, some sources suggest the error may be caused by corrupted registry entries in the operating system. Before checking hardware, you could backup your data and test running https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker Windows* System File Check or https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall reinstalling the operating system.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPere
Novice

Thank you for your response. I tried both the System File Check and reinstalling my operating system but this did not help. Even though I installed the updated driver software for the wireless adapter it is not showing up in device manager, not even under hidden devices.

I have attached a scan from Intel's System Support Utility in case that helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kdperera,

Thanks for sharing the Intel® SSU report. However, since the adapter is not being recognized the information there is limited.

Have you tested installing the wireless adapter driver provided by the system OEM? You can http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/dsjz2c2/drivers download it here.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kdperera,

We haven't heard from you for the last few days. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPere
Novice

Disconnecting the wireless adapter (removing black and white connectors) and taking it out of the slot and putting it back in seemed to have fixed the issue. My wifi has been working fine for 2 days now.

idata
Employee

Hello kdperera,

Thanks for much for tacking the time to reply with the solution you implemented. It is good to know you were able to fix the issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos