Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

iwlwifi driver does not recognize 7260HMW

AFrie8
Beginner

My old Intel wireless card in my notebook was defect, so I have bought me a new 7260HMW card.

The BIOS and the Linux system (kernel version 5.3.6) does recognize the card (see lspci-output), but the iwlwifi driver which should support this card does not. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AFrie8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding Linux and Intel® Wireless Adapters, you can refer to the following link which provides a list of recommended Wireless drivers (firmware) for different Wireless Adapter models.

Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters

In the link provided above, you can find links with additional support options regarding guidance, issues, and general questions.

Also, since you mentioned you have replaced the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed on the notebook, we recommend checking with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to discard hardware or software issues.

OEMs may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters. Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapters to be certified with the antenna that is intended to be used together in the system, while some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapter to be certified at the full system level.

For more information, please refer to the following links:

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Hopefully, other peers may provide additional suggestions.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos