Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

killer Control Center "Download the latest App priorities" unable to download error

EJG
Novice

I have the latest Killer Control Center app version 2.4.3337.0 and  Killer Performance drivers suite version 2.4.1549 installed. 

The killer Control Center app always displays a error message "There is a error during download. Please try again later" when trying to "Download the latest App priorities" from the settings window menu.

I already  performed all of the killer Control center clean uninstall and re-install options listed in other posts multiple times and still get the error message  when trying to "Download the latest App Priorities" 

What can be done to resolve this?  I posted a screen shot of the error message below.

EJG_0-1625272823851.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Windows Logs:

- Clear previous OS-System Event Log <--Strongly recommend clearing previous logs before reproducing the issue

- Reproduce the issue

- Save OS-System Event Log, the .evtx file <--Save all events log without filter

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

HI,

I did what you requested and saved the logs. Though the Intel link below to submit the logs does not work for me and I have no idea how to provide the logs to you. 

https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/

Thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

I will appreciate it if you can help me with the information requested to the email address associated with your community profile.

Please attached the Windows logs and the .txt file report from the Intel® System Support Utility. I will appreciate it if you can also provide the Killer Performance Driver Suite version.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

Hello,

I have Killer Performance Driver Suite version 2.4.1549 installed. I replied to the email sent to me with the Intel System Support Utility scan results and Windows Event OS-System Event Log after attempting to Download the latest App Priorities from the Killer Control Center. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

Thanks for the update.

I will be waiting for the information requested, this will help us to help you further on this matter.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

Hi,

I replied to supportreplies@intel.com this morning and  attached the requested logs to that id.  Can you confirm receipt?  If that is not the email id to send the logs, It is not clear to me of the method to forward the logs. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

I have not received your email, however, I will send you a private message to collect the information.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

Thanks for the information provided.

I will proceed to check this issue further and if I need more details or if I have any troubleshooting steps to try, I will let you know.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

I would like you to try a clean installation of the Intel® Killer™ Software, following these steps:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/ethernet-products.html

However, when the tool is uninstalled, go to C:\Program Files\KillerNetworking\KillerControlCenter and manually delete the "user.xml" file. Then restart the Killer control center.

If the issue persists afterward, send a copy of the user.xml file following the same path.

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

Hi,

I performed the clean uninstall and checked the C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Killer Control Center directory and there was no user.xml file for me to delete.  I then re-installed the killer Control center and still see the same issue /error message "There is a error during download. Please try again later" when clicking on the "Download the latest App priorities" button from the Settings window menu.

I attached the user.xml file that is found in the Killer Control center directory in a private message to you .

Thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

Thanks for the update.

I do appreciate that you sent the file needed by private message, I will continue with the research and let you know about any update as soon as possible.

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

Hi,

Intel now has a updated Killer Performance Suite software version 3.0.1571 and updated Killer Control Center app version 3.1021.524.1. available for download.   

I did a clean install of the updated version 3.0.1571 Killer Performance Suite software and the updated Killer Control Center app version 3.1021.4524.1 no longer has the "Download latest App Priorities" button/functionality.

Is the "download latest App Priorities" not displaying anymore in the updated Killer Control Center app because the functionality is no longer needed/supported?   Or could it been left out of the updated app in error?

I ask since there is no mention of the "Download Latest App Priorities" functionality being removed within the "Read Me" summary of changes for the version 3.0.1571 Killer Performance Suite update.

If the functionality is confirmed discontinued, it would explain why the download is always failing within the previous version of the Killer Control Center app.  

Thanks

EJG

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EJG, 

I would like to let you know that we are aware of the issue on version 2.0 and we are currently working on a fix. While we are working, on version 3.0 the option "download latest App Priorities" has been removed (as you mentioned).

As soon as we have a fix or improvement, this option will be added to the tool. For the moment, just wait for future updates to receive the fix.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos