Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

killer(r) wireless-ac 1550i wireless network adapter (9560ngw) 160mhz SUPER SLOW SPEED

MarcosSouza
Beginner

Hi there,

This speed issue is killing me. My laptop, an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52, can't get more than 10/12mb speed with wireless. I have another laptop, an Acer Nitro, just next to me that gets 200mb in the same condition.

My wireless card is a killer(r) wireless-ac 1550i wireless network adapter (9560ngw) 160mhz

The driver is up to date, 22.200.0.6, from 17/01/2023.

Any thoughts on what I could do? I've already uninstalled and installed every driver I could find on the internet, but none of them solved the issue. Is it a lost case of hardware issue?

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing performance issues with the Killer 1550i.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Operating System update or Wireless driver update?
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • What Operating System version are you using?
  • Have tried a rollback to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MarcosSouza
Beginner

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Here are the answers:

• Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
    • Honestly, I have never used wireless before. But now, after I moved and without cable available, I had to start using it.
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Operating System update or Wireless driver update?
    • Cannot confirm due to the answer above.
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
    • When using the cable, the speed is only limited by the internet bandwidth.
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
    • Yes, checked it and the behaviour is the same in different places/internet connections.
  • What Operating System version are you using?
    • Windows 11.
  • Have tried a rollback to a previous driver version for testing?
    • Yes. I installed every possible driver version I could.
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    • The original one. Never changed it.

Thanks for the help!

Marcos Souza

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

Thanks for the information provided.

Regarding your issue, perform a clean installation of the latest Intel® Killer Control Center, installing our latest version, 34.22.1163. Doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated, so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
MarcosSouza
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks again for the help.

I followed all the steps, and I could notice some improvement. However, compared to my other laptops, this is still presenting much lower performance.

Now I was able to reach almost 50mb (my connection is 200mb). In my other laptops, I can reach 190+ via Wi-Fi.

I am starting to think that this is a hardware issue. What do you think?

Marcos Souza

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

Thanks for the information provided.

It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system, please install the latest OEM driver 20.110.0.3

In case the issue persists, we would like to further investigate this matter, please provide us with a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) :

• Download the Intel SSU
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
  • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
  • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
MarcosSouza
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Sorry for taking long to reply. Usually, I only have time at the weekends to play with my toy.

Unfortunately, it did not work. I've followed your instructions and attached the scan results. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Appreciate all the help.

Marcos Souza

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

Thank you for the information provided. 

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

We appreciate your patience.

After reviewing this matter, we would like to recommend you contact Acer Support for further recommendations regarding your issue.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
MarcosSouza
Beginner

OK. Thanks.

Marcos Souza

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarcosSouza,

Thanks for your response.

Since you have agreed with our recommendation to contact the system manufactuer and to void confusion and duplicate efforts, we will close this thread now.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos