Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

my issue is that my Wi-Fi download speed is in Kbps and upload speed is 80 Mbps

DKuma33
Novice

Hi, I am using the HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2 notebook and with inbuilt WiFi adopter Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 and my issue is that my Wi-Fi download speed is in Kbps and upload speed is 80 Mbps due to this Skype is not logging in and website is opening very slow outlook mails are stuck in outbox and we have already replaced the main board and WiFi adopter with HP as Notebook is under warranty and we are using windows 10 1803 version

25 Replies
DKuma33
Novice

As you mentioned you are using the Windows 10 1803 with WiFi adopter AC 8265 so we would like to inform you that Windows 10 1803 with WiFi adopter AC 8265 is not compatible you have to downgrade your windows

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33: Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. When did the issue start? Did you make any hardware/software changes? Just to confirm, the wireless card in the notebook, did you purchase it separately or it came already installed in the computer? How did you confirmed that those problems are happening because of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 card? We just wanted to make sure because the issue could be related to different components like for example, hard drive, memory RAM, motherboard or even BIOS, specially in this case that the wireless card was already replaced and the problem persists. I was checking on HP's web site and actually there is a wireless driver available for your notebook, which means your platform does support the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 when using Windows* 10. We recommend to install the driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific system. We can try a clean installation of the driver, please try driver version 20.90.0.7 Rev.P. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html HP's wireless driver version 20.90.0.7 Rev.P: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2-notebook-pc/14169372/swItemId/ob-221637-1 If the problem persists after that, then we can try the same procedure but this time try the Intel® generic wireless driver version 20.90.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/?product=94150 In the following link you will find the recommended settings for the wireless connection: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Also, for your convenience, we could remotely assist you to troubleshoot the issue, please let me know if you are interested in that option. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33: Is there anything else we can help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

We have tried to install WiFi version Intel Wireless LAN Drivers Win10 - 20.90.0.7 Rev.P as per suggested by you in some Laptop it is working but on some other Laptop this solution is not working anymore so please help

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Thank you very much for letting us know those results. It depends on the model of the laptop, the fact that the wireless driver worked in some specific laptop does not mean it will work in all the laptops. So, just to confirm, is the HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2 working fine now, is the wireless connection working properly? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Mr. Alberto,

Thanks for the reply

We would like to inform your that our all users are using HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 with Windows 10 1803 version so some of users are still having the issue when they are using the Wi-Fi connection in office as well as when they are using WIFI connection at Home, WIFI download speed is very very low in kbps and upload is very good and when they are using the LAN connection it is working fine

Please provide the solution

Kind Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello DKuma33, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for clarifying that information. In order for us to further assist you, please provide the following information of one of the computers that is still having wireless connection problems: Problem details Problem description: Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): Computer power source (plugged in or battery): Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots): Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.): Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home): Client computer details Computer manufacturer(s): Computer model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit): WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.): WiFi adapter model(s): WiFi device driver version: Number of systems affected: Wireless security method Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES): 802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP): Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST): WiFi network environment Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version: Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz): 802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)): Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz? Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz? SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast): Enterprise Customers: WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version: RADIUS Server Make/Version: Please provide the SSU report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility And also, please enter "msinfo32" in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there. To attach the file, once you choose "reply" please select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner to attach it. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Mr. Alberto,

Please find attached file with details please provide the solution

Problem details - Wi-Fi Download speed is getting very low impossible to work in KB

Problem description: - We would like to inform your that our all users are using HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 with Windows 10 1803 version so some of users are still having the issue when they are using the Wi-Fi connection in office as well as when they are using WIFI connection at Home, WIFI download speed is very very low in kbps and upload is very good and when they are using the LAN connection it is working fine

Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): - every Day

Computer power source (plugged in or battery): in both plugged in or battery as well same issue

Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots):

Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.):

Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home):

Client computer details

Computer manufacturer(s): HP

Computer model(s): HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit): 1803 - 64 Bit

WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.):

WiFi adapter model(s):

WiFi device driver version:

Number of systems affected:

Wireless security method

Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES):

802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP):

Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST):

WiFi network environment

Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version:

Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz):

802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)):

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz?

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz?

SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast):

Enterprise Customers:

WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version:

RADIUS Server Make/Version:

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Thank you very much for providing those details and the file. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, I just received an update on this matter: Based on the reports, we have noticed that the Intel® generic wireless driver version 20.110.0 is not installed yet, please try to install that driver and let us know the results: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=86068 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Team

We observed that when we start the SonicWall Global VPN Client on our notebooks then download speed is decreasing to very low

When we close the SonicWall Global VPN client exe then download speed is very high

So finally we have reached to the actual problem i.e. Intel WiFi is having the compatibility issue with SonicWall Global VPN Client

All our users are getting connect to the server through VPN Client so SonicWall Global VPN client is also necessary to use

So please provide the solution for this issue

Kind Regards

DKumar

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi DKuma33, Thank you very much for providing those details. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, I just received an update on this matter. Just to make sure, the wireless card in the notebook, did you purchase it separately or it came already installed in the computer? Please try to install the IT download for the latest 20.120 wireless driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017246/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Team,

I tried to install the latest drive suggested by you i.e. Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers 20.120.0 but unable to install please find attached my Wifi drive details

Please provide the solution

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Thank you very much for letting us know those results. We will continue with our research on this topic, as soon as I get any updates I will post them om this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, I just received an update on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about this scenario: This issue, is it happening when connecting to other networks or only through VPN? Is this happening at home or office environment? This problem occurs to one single user or many? If single user, please provide the router configuration? If the problem happens at an office environment, have you checked with your IT administrator? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Team

Please find below my comments

(1) When we only start the Sonicwall Global VPN client exe then it happens and even we do not connect the vpn client on user notebook and wifi internet download speed reduce to very low

(2) Home and Office both Environment

(3) We have 256 users all users are getting the same issue if they close the VPN client all works fine and internet download speed increase

(4) I am the IT Administrator and i have already format the notebook updated the drivers, Bios and replaced the notebook but still same issue

0 Kudos