Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

my issue is that my Wi-Fi download speed is in Kbps and upload speed is 80 Mbps

DKuma33
Novice

Hi, I am using the HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2 notebook and with inbuilt WiFi adopter Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 and my issue is that my Wi-Fi download speed is in Kbps and upload speed is 80 Mbps due to this Skype is not logging in and website is opening very slow outlook mails are stuck in outbox and we have already replaced the main board and WiFi adopter with HP as Notebook is under warranty and we are using windows 10 1803 version

25 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Thank you very much for letting us know those details. We will do further research on this subject, as soon as I get any results I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, I just received an update on this case. I just wanted to let you know that according to the picture you gave us previously, it shows that the Intel® Wireless driver version installed is 20.70.6.1, that is the latest version available in our web site for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. The version 20.120.1 is a package version that includes version 20.70.6.1. Now, since we confirmed that the latest Intel® wireless driver version is installed, we just wanted to verify: What is the behavior of the computers that have that driver? Is the problem still the same even with that driver version installed? Please provide a detailed description. Is it possible for you to test different routers? Please make sure to check the VPN settings to confirm they are properly configured. Also, in order for us to be able to continue with our research on this subject, we need for you to please fill each of the following details from the next form, including the encryption type of the computers that are still showing the problem: Problem details Problem description: The frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): The computer power source (plugged in or battery): Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screenshots): Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.): Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home): Client computer details Computer manufacturer(s): Computer model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit): WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.): WiFi adapter model(s): WiFi device driver version: The number of systems affected: Wireless security method Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES): 802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP): Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST): WiFi network environment Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version: Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz): 802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)): Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz? Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz? SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast): Enterprise Customers: WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version: RADIUS Server Make/Version: Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

Dear Intel Team,

i have found the solution myself to do lots of research on mentioned case

We have to manually disable RSC following these steps:

1.   Hold the Windows Key and Press X.

2.   Choose Windows Powershell (Admin) from the context menu.

3.   Type powershell Get-Netadapter and note down the value under Name for your Wifi.

4.   Then type, powershell Get-NetAdapterRsc when you do this it will show you the current values, if it is False, then it is already disabled

5.   If it is True, then disable it by typing powershell Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name WiFi

6.   Replace the value for -Name with the name of your Wifi.

Verify that the values are disabled by typing powershell Get-NetAdapterRsc. 

Then test Wifi slowness will be resolved

Kind Regards

DKumar

0 Kudos
DKuma33
Novice

i am a bit surprised why intel is not able to provide the solution

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
DKuma33, Thank you very much for letting us know those results. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by disabling the RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and now the WiFi connection is working properly. Thank you also for taking the time to share the steps you tried to find the solution, we are sure those details will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos