Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7442 Discussions

new AC 7260 wifi works then stops then all connections disappear

KStro3
Beginner

Just upgraded my MSI laptop with an AC 7260 adapter. Installed latest drivers. Wifi (using 5G) worked great with good speed for a short while, then disconnected. I could then connect using 2.4G, then it would stop. Looking at connections, there would be none available and Wifi on/off button (in software) would not work. No tools could fix. This happens within a few minutes and then I need to reboot system and start again. This is horrific. I tried uninstalling old and new device (then reinstalled), uninstalling other bluetooth devices and drivers, uninstalling "killer network manager". Each time I am in midst of troubleshooting I lose connection and need to start again. I have SSU file for when it is working and when it is not working. I also note it now calls connection "WIFI2"

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

You cannot "just upgrade your laptop". You must consult MSI regarding supported adapters for their laptop.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos