Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

new driver intel wifi AC9260 21.10.1.2 drop Wifi 5Ghz

bkurn
Beginner

after update to driver version 21.10.1.2 my wifi drop to 144mbps when at 5Ghz. Now i revert back to version 21.0.0.5 i can get maximum speed 866mbps.

Please fix this issue

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

bkurn, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Which Windows* version are you using?

We recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

The Intel® Wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform, the proper drivers for your system are provided by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
bkurn
Beginner

Hi,

1. I​'m using dell latitude 3340 the wifi adapter was not come with the laptop. I bough the wifi card separately

2. I'm using windows 10 build 1903

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi bkurn, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Please read the information showing in the following link, it describes possible reasons why when you do an integration of the Intel® Wireless card it might not work as expected:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Did you check with Dell to confirm if the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 card is fully compatible with your laptop? I looked on their web site but it says the information is currently unavailable:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/?lwp=rt

We can also try a clean installation of the Intel® Wireless driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Once the driver is deleted, please install the Intel® Wireless driver provided by Microsoft, that driver is the one customized by Dell to work with your system:

• Enter "Device Manager",
  • Select "Network Adapters"
  • Right click on the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
  • Choose "Update Driver"
  • Select "Search automatically for updated driver software"
  • Test the laptop and verify which is the driver version provided by Microsoft

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

bkurn, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

bkurn, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos