Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

new i9-10900 (non K) with z490 chipset with AX201 integrated into new Asus z490 motherboard issue

msong18
Novice

I just bought i9-10900 (non K version) with Asus Z490 motherboard.

Asus says the motherboard has AX201 WIFI6 chip.

But it did not show up in device manager after installing all wireless+bluetooth drivers from ASUS support pages.

So I thought it was HW defect so I exchanged for new motherboard

but on the new exchanged board, there was no AX201 + Bluetooth

I am very puzzled if this is a mother board issue or CNVio issue or SW issue

6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello msong18

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

What is the model of the motherboard that you are having problems with?

Are you installing the driver provided by the manufacturer?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
msong18
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for reaching me out,

It is

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING (Released This May for the launch of new 10th GEN processors)

Yes, I have installed all Wifi and Bluetooth drivers from the product page of ASUS. (Intel Ethernet is working fine)

I ran DXDIAG but PCI device list does not show AX201.

DXDIAG log, there is no PCI device ID 06F0.

Doesnt this tell me that there is issue with HW?

Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

DXDiag is a report for graphics environment, nothing to do with WiFi or BT. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
msong18
Novice

I am attaching Intel SSU log for your review

Thank you

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello msong18

I would recommend confirming the proper BIOS settings on the motherboard to use the Intel® wireless adapter, it is important to take in consideration that this is an OEM integration/customization and it would be important reporting his behavior with ASUS* for them to test the system.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
George8
Beginner

The motherboard your referring to does not properly connect to the ethernet, I suggest buying an entirely new one. Also, the motherboard doesn't have a built in wireless router therefore you'd have to buy one. You should just return the motherboard and buy a new one, I've had the same issue.

0 Kudos