Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

question for Intel MU-MIMO setting for AC-8265

YChen100
Beginner

Hello all,

it seems my laptop with Intel AC-8265 doesn't support MU-MIMO.

I'm using ASUS-RT88U as gateway, and it proves it works with Samsung S7 for MU-MIMO. but when connecting AC-8265 ( install on my DELL laptop) with Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version = 20.10.2

• Driver version = 19.10.10.2 for Windows 7 for 18265, 8265, 3168, 18260, 8260, 17265 and 3165.

During the capture packets, it shows Sounding and MU request send to AC-8265, but still get SU feedback.

please help to check how to enable the MU-MIMO for AC-8265

Thanks

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Everyone (TJMcClintic, Yule.Chen, JJJJJ),

Thanks for your replies. We're still working on this.

We would like to gather some more details on how much is impacting you working on SU-MIMO vs MU-MIMO and what kind of environments you're working on that require this technology.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All.

We would like to understand how this might be impacting you. Can you please confirm for example how many clients you are testing. Also if you are under an enterprise environment or just a small/home business network. We need information about your network like what kind and models of routers/ AP you are using. Also someone mentioned that is also using a different Intel wireless adapter so would like to know if you are experiencing something different of what you are seeing when testing with the 8265 adapters.

Also have you measure performance? meaning if you think there is going to be any improvements using MU-MIMO?

In general, we've seen that MU-MIMO doesn't have a huge impact to end users in real life scenarios,so would like to know more about about your networks details and companies.

Thanks.

DO

0 Kudos
JMiel
Beginner

Advertising a product supports MU-MIMO when it does not is false advertising. The better business bureau should be notified. Perhaps Intel fixes this bug or removes "MU-MIMO = yes" from their specifications:

https://ark.intel.com/products/94150/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Product Specifications

0 Kudos
清郝
Beginner

Could not agree more.

I have test the download speed of 8265ac for more than 10 times,and it could only work at the speed of 40-50MB.My router is ASUS AC86U which supports MU-MIMO.

Sadly found that my wireless only show me the 802.1n not 802.1 ac....

if the product doesn't support Mu-mimo,please remove MU-MIMO=yes.

0 Kudos