Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

"Intel WiFi Link 1000 bgn" vs. "Intel Centrino Wireless -N 1000"

idata
Employee

Hello!

I bought my ThinkPad E420s one week ago, it has a "Intel WiFi Link 1000 bgn" network adapter. After some Windows Updates, I noticed the following notification: "Intel My WiFi Technology adapter not found". However, the wireless connection still worked fine. Anyway, I searched through some discussions and found that other people had the same problem. I read the advice to update my drivers at the Intel website, and I did that. The error massage disappeared after that. However, now I noticed that the name of my network adapter in the system manager has changed from "Intel WiFi Link 1000 bgn" to "Intel Centrino Wireless -N 1000". Can someone tell my why that is and if this is normal? Should I worry about something?

Thanks a lotp

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you very much for your post.

It is good to know the previous issue was solved. The Intel WiFi Link 1000 bgn is the same adapter as the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000. It is just the name that was changed recently through our updates.

I hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you very much for your post.

It is good to know the previous issue was solved. The Intel WiFi Link 1000 bgn is the same adapter as the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000. It is just the name that was changed recently through our updates.

I hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good to know that. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos