Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

"default gateway unavailable" Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

cwilt
Beginner

I keep losing wifi connection. I have used the drivers from Gigabyte website "mb_driver_intel_wifi_20.110.0.3 ", they didn't work so i have tried intel 21.0.0 and intel 20.120.1 and keep losing connection. When I troubleshoot it fixes it by resetting wifi adaptor and saying problem was "default gateway unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling lots of times and have stopped windows installing drivers on its own. It can stay connected for 10 minutes or over an hours but eventually it will lose connection again. I didn't have this problem with my old wifi card on my last MB or with any other device connected to wireless hub. This is driving me mad! Please tell me you have a fix. MB is a Gigabyte Z390 Master.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello cwilt, Thank you for posting on this Community. To better assist you, we would like to take a look at your computer configuration. 1. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 2. Did the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 come preinstalled on your computer? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
cwilt
Beginner

Thanks for you response. Please find scan attached.

The intel AC 9560 in built into my motherboard.

Craig

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello cwilt, Thank you for attaching the report requested. Wireless connectivity issues can be caused by your network card/drivers, router/AP issue, or issues on your Internet Service Provider (ISP) side. We recommend following these steps: 1. Try performing a clean install of the wireless driver in case of driver conflict: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver first. Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html OEM driver; 20.110.0.3 https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#support-dl-driver-wlanbt Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Intel driver: version: 21.0.0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28687/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446 If the problem continues to happen, go to Device Manager and look for error codes if any and attach a picture. 2. This could also be caused by your antivirus. Disable the antivirus or reset it to default settings for testing purposes. 3. Check if you can update your router’s/modem’s firmware. 4. If the previous steps do not resolve this problem, please check if other devices show the same behavior. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello cwilt, Were you able to review the information provided on the previous post? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello cwilt, If you have any further questions, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JLund10
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue with wifi saying bad gateway.. What was the fix you found? @cwilt​ 

0 Kudos