Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

updating driver

idata
Employee

I used Intel's online driver update utility, and it found one for my dell 15 r laptop. The wireless card is a http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/cwn-1030 Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030. my current version installed is 15.1.1.0. I download the new driver, and run the .exe. It shows these green dots around a wireless signal image. it does that for so long, then it goes away, and nothing else happens. i check online to see if it was updated, and it shows the same driver still there. is there anything that is suppose to happen after this image pops up?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have 15.1.1.1 installed already. this dell driver seems to be an older version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yeah, but it's probably a better fit for your hardware since it's the one that Dell recommends.

Did you have a problem to correct by updating the driver, or did you just feel like updating?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i thought about this. i was not able to find a changelog. i thought that it may be more efficient, or smoother. nothing is wrong with my computer. i understand that you usually only change the drivers when something is not working.

0 Kudos