Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

when configuring Mobile hotspot Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz network adaptor is giving "the selected network band isn't available."

MLawr7
Beginner

WIndows 10 Home 64bit

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MLawr7
Beginner

This is a sporadic issue. It has worked a few times.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello MLawr7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the results with me? You will find the tool at the following link.

Regards,

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello MLawr7,

Were you able to check my previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
BRich22
Beginner

MLawr7 encountered this issue on my PC and was waiting on me to provide the log, but I was unavailable. It is attached.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BRich22,

Thank you for your response, 

Could you please let me know if you are trying to use the mobile hotspot on 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz? 

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos
BRich22
Beginner

2.4GHz works, "any available" works (but only offers 2.4), 5GHz throws the error.

Unlike MLawr7 I have never had 5GHz appear when using an iphone 8+, Oculus Quest or Oculus Go (each of which routinely makes use of 5 at other locations)

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BRich22,

Thank you for your response, 

Please take a moment to check this article, since it includes the reason why you are experiencing the problem and how to fix the issue. If you still need assistance afterward let me know.  

Esteban Ch. 

BRich22
Beginner

Thank you. That was frustratingly simple... and frustratingly badly flagged by Windows.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BRich22,

Based on your previous post, I understand that you were able to configure the hotspot by following the steps provided. Therefore; we will close this inquiry; but, if you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos