Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

wi-fi ax201 160MHz not working on ASUS ROG G-Strix

Loozn98
Beginner

Lately i've been having some issues with my intel wireless adapter (ax201 160MHz). Sometimes when I open my ASUS ROG G-Strix (Win10), it simply does not conenect to WiFi, even though i've verified that it works.

I've installed all the latest drivers. When I run into this issue, I run the standard windows troubleshouting and try and restart my pc. All of the time without succes. Then I check if the software is still up to date (it always is). Then after some hard reboots or just some time waiting (could be 10 minutes, could be more than half an hour) It just starts working again. I have no clue what is causing this and why it starts working again. 

In the link i've added the logfiles of the adapter for my latest malfunction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Loozn98

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

3- When did this behavior start to happen? Did your system work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.

4- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

5- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

6- Router / Access point model:

7- When the issue happens, is there any error message or error code under Windows* Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> right-click on Properties >> General tab?

8- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Loozn98

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Loozn98

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos