Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

wifi 6 ax200 5ghz not working

Humb0r
Beginner

Currently I am in a hotel where only a 5ghz wifi connection is available.

All my other devices have no problem connecting. My laptop (Lenovo T14s) with Intel wifi 6 ax200 can not connect to the 5ghz network. However, when I boot up ubuntu it can connect just fine to that 5ghz network.

So clearly there must be a problem with the driver.

I tried installing older versions, and newer then currently on my laptop. But no success. I saw several other threads having these problems that could fix it with drivers or other router settings. The latter is no option for me, since I am in a hotel. And I tried other drivers.

I could narrow the problem down, and there clearly is a major bug in all of the windows drivers preventing proper 5ghz connection.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Humb0r

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Have you tried using the customized drivers from Lenovo or the Intel drivers?
  • What Windows version and build do you use?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Did this happen before on a different network?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
Humb0r
Beginner

The Problem was not solved at all.

I am no longer in the hotel, so I can not test anything anymore. The drivers I tried where an older Lenovo version, the newest Intel version and then the newest Lenovo version. All had the same error and I could not connect to the 5ghz network.

0 Kudos