Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

wifi connection problem

Sebastian26
Beginner

I have a new laptop, MSI BRAVO 15 A4DDR with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.  My problem is that the wifi is constantly disconnected, not only at my home but at more people I tried. I tried many methods on the internet, from the topics on the site and I don't understand what else to do with them. The hotspot works perfectly, it does not disconnect and so does the wired internet work perfectly but I am not always at home to be able to stay only on the cable. I have the latest driver version installed 22.20.0.6. I don't know what else to do with them! Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sebastian26

Thank you for your response and for the information provided.

The fact that the wireless card works fines with a network mobile hotspot would be an indication that the wireless and its driver are fine, and the problem could be a compatibility issue or improper settings configured on the devices.

IEEE802.11ax¹ is a new Wi-Fi Protocol that provides better performance, higher speed, and new features than legacy protocols (e.g: IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11n). The Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 supports this protocol, so it is recommended whenever is possible to use a router that also supports this protocol.

Looking for information about your router ZTE f618* based on the following link it seems it only supports legacy protocols: IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11n >> ZTE Product Description²

Is that the router device that you have? If the answer is yes, and since we noticed (based on the Intel® SSU report) that the Wireless Mode in the wireless card is set to "802.11ax", we recommend changing to 802.11n:

1. Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Device Manager.
  3. Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  4. Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  5. Click the Advanced tab
  6. Under 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode select HT mode or 802.11n to enable 802.11n data rates.

Also, please review and set the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.

Additionally, please test changing the power management options following the steps in the below link. For instance, you may try the Maximum Performance option. Power Management Settings for Intel® Wireless Adapters

We would like to recommend checking with your ISP or router manufacturer if there is any firmware update available that may help with this behavior or to check for recommended settings. You may also try changing the wireless channel. Your router may have a software or tool to check this and analyze channel congestion, please kindly check with them if they have a tool for this. If not, there are different free tools available on the Internet that you may search for and try to test this. Once you perform this test, please provide details.

If the issue persists, we recommend performing a clean install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers using the customized drivers from the MSI® website*:

• Intel® Bluetooth driver 21.60.0.4
  • Intel Wireless LAN Driver 21.60.0.5

Download link >> Drivers for BRAVO 15 A4DDR²

Please follow these steps:

1- Download and save to your computer the MSI® drivers. To avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet.

2- Follow the steps in this link for a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Regarding this process, we recommend that you uninstall first from Windows® Apps & Features app any instances of the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software (You may skip this step if you don't see Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software) and Intel Wireless Bluetooth/Bluetooth Software. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". After that, please check in Windows® Device Manager and uninstall the wireless and Bluetooth driver if it still showing here.

3- Restart the computer.

4- Install the drivers downloaded in step 1. Install the Bluetooth driver first, and then the Wireless driver.

Make sure you set again the recommended settings and mode for 802.11n.

If still experiencing problems, you may repeat the clean install steps and try the latest Intel® generic drivers:

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Notes:

¹ For more details about 802.11ax, please refer to this links:

Different Wi-Fi Protocols and Data Rates

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (GIG+)

² Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian26
Beginner

thank you for your interest!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Sebastian26

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- We understand that this is a new laptop. Did the wireless connection work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the laptop?

2- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

3- When this issue happens, is there any error message? Perhaps on the Windows notification area or in Device Manager?

4- When the WiFi disconnects, does it reconnect automatically or not? How long does it take to reconnect?

5- Just to make sure, you mentioned that the wireless connection on the laptop works fine when connecting to a wireless hotspot. Is this correct?

Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the laptop and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).

6- Have you tried with an AX router? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

7- Router/Access point brand, model, and firmware version:

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Sebastian26
Beginner

1 - Yes, from the beggining, I no longer have a warranty because I upgraded it

2 - I reinstalled windows 10 times and same

3 - If it didnt reconnect imediately i check troubleshoot and it sais "problem with network adapter or access point "

4 - it is when it reconnects after 1-2 seconds and it is when it no longer connects until I connect it

5 - Yes, connection at mobile hostpot is working perfectly but i cant turn on every time because is affect my phone battery

I tested and i tested with another friend laptop and at he is working perfectly

6 - I dont know what is AX router and yes i rebooted my router

7 - ZTE f618, is a router from the internet distribuitor

I attached System Info

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sebastian26

Thank you for your response and for the information provided.

The fact that the wireless card works fines with a network mobile hotspot would be an indication that the wireless and its driver are fine, and the problem could be a compatibility issue or improper settings configured on the devices.

IEEE802.11ax¹ is a new Wi-Fi Protocol that provides better performance, higher speed, and new features than legacy protocols (e.g: IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11n). The Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 supports this protocol, so it is recommended whenever is possible to use a router that also supports this protocol.

Looking for information about your router ZTE f618* based on the following link it seems it only supports legacy protocols: IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11n >> ZTE Product Description²

Is that the router device that you have? If the answer is yes, and since we noticed (based on the Intel® SSU report) that the Wireless Mode in the wireless card is set to "802.11ax", we recommend changing to 802.11n:

1. Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Device Manager.
  3. Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  4. Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  5. Click the Advanced tab
  6. Under 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode select HT mode or 802.11n to enable 802.11n data rates.

Also, please review and set the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.

Additionally, please test changing the power management options following the steps in the below link. For instance, you may try the Maximum Performance option. Power Management Settings for Intel® Wireless Adapters

We would like to recommend checking with your ISP or router manufacturer if there is any firmware update available that may help with this behavior or to check for recommended settings. You may also try changing the wireless channel. Your router may have a software or tool to check this and analyze channel congestion, please kindly check with them if they have a tool for this. If not, there are different free tools available on the Internet that you may search for and try to test this. Once you perform this test, please provide details.

If the issue persists, we recommend performing a clean install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers using the customized drivers from the MSI® website*:

• Intel® Bluetooth driver 21.60.0.4
  • Intel Wireless LAN Driver 21.60.0.5

Download link >> Drivers for BRAVO 15 A4DDR²

Please follow these steps:

1- Download and save to your computer the MSI® drivers. To avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet.

2- Follow the steps in this link for a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Regarding this process, we recommend that you uninstall first from Windows® Apps & Features app any instances of the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software (You may skip this step if you don't see Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software) and Intel Wireless Bluetooth/Bluetooth Software. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". After that, please check in Windows® Device Manager and uninstall the wireless and Bluetooth driver if it still showing here.

3- Restart the computer.

4- Install the drivers downloaded in step 1. Install the Bluetooth driver first, and then the Wireless driver.

Make sure you set again the recommended settings and mode for 802.11n.

If still experiencing problems, you may repeat the clean install steps and try the latest Intel® generic drivers:

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Notes:

¹ For more details about 802.11ax, please refer to this links:

Different Wi-Fi Protocols and Data Rates

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (GIG+)

² Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Sebastian26
Beginner

Hello, the wifi problem is solved, in 24h wifi not disconnect but, now at the ethernet is saying Unidentified Network, why?

0 Kudos
Sebastian26
Beginner

Solved all the problems! Thank you for all your support!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sebastian26

Thank you very much for your response. We are glad to know that the WiFi problem is solved.

As the last recommendation and since the issue was happening from the beginning that you have the system, in case it re-appears, our recommendation is to check this further with the system manufacturer for additional debugging and assistance from their side.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos