Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

wigig error 0x1020

PKraf
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with WiGig connection.

Wireless Dock Manager reports "WiGig is not working. Eror code 0x1020".

Platform: Lenovo X1 carbon 5th gen

Hardware: 18265 tri-band card (original one, bought with computer, installed by the producer)

Driver version: 3.0.32113.2

Card is inside (checked), antenna exists and looks properly connected (checked).

WiGig switch is enabled under windows network settings.

I have reinstalled drivers few times, downgrading versions, installing the newest one, deleted everything from system. Nothing works.

What is wrong? What should i do to run this thing? WiGig dock is waiting

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pawouek,

We understand you're having issues connecting to your wireless dock via WiGig.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have more information:

1. Were you ever able to connect to your wireless dock?
  2. Have you opened a service ticket with Lenovo* in regards to this issue? If so, please share your ticket number with us.
  3. Please provide us with your WiGig logs:
    1. Open the Wireless Dock Manager.
    2. Open the help drop down (question symbol, top right).
    3. Click on "About Intel® Wireless Dock Manager."
    4. Click on Advanced Diagnostics.
    5. Select to "Export info to file" at the bottom right. Save your file to a known location.
  4. Download and run our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility System Support Utility. This will allow us to look at your hardware configuration and settings.

When replying, you will need to switch to the "advanced editor" in order to enable attachments. This option is found at the top right of your reply box.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

Hi Carlos!

Yes, indeed - i want to connect to my new WiGig dock but it looks like the problem is on the very beginning. Somewhere between driver, card or windows.

I have made log from Dock Manager as You asked - but most of the values are "N/A".

Log from SSU may be more usefull

Card inside, as i mention before, is tri band 18265NGW (foto as attachment). Card is visible in windows device manager as dual band + wigig as other device (screen as attachment).

I have tried resolve this problem with lenovo support but as so far with no luck.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Best Regards

Paweł

0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

i've checked the Lenovo ticket number:

Network related issues [Incident: 170601-000578]

And I have not answered the first question - my mistake. The answer is No - I have never connect to any wigig dock. It is my new computer and just-arrived-thinpad-WiGig-dock

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawouek,

Thank you for this information.

We would like to begin by making sure that you're running our latest set of wireless drivers for Windows® 10:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26782 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10.

If the issue remains, do let us know and we'll continue providing troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

Drivers reinstalled, computer rebooted.

Unfortunately nothing has changed...

Still "wigig not working" error.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawaouek,

What is the model of your wireless dock?

We're currently researching this issue and will post an update as soon as we're able to find more information or have new troubleshooting steps for you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

Hi!

It is Lenovo Wireless WiGig dock (40A60045) - i am sure that this unit is compatible and is working with 18265 card. One of my co-workers bought one few weeks before and works flawless...

--

Pawouek

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawaouek,

We spoke with our engineers and found out that error code 0x1020 indicates a Real Time Clock (RTC) error, which may require a replacement of the RFEM module of your wireless adapter. This is the special antenna which handles gigabit data transfers.

Our recommendation in this case will be to contact your computer manufacturer. If a warranty service or replacement is not possible, you may disassemble your laptop to see if this coaxial cable is connected properly on both ends. Keep in mind that this may void your warranty, so proceed at your own risk.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

Thank You very much.

I have started service procedure at lenovo. I will write what they diagnose

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawouek,

Sounds good. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PKraf
Beginner

The problem is solved. Unfortunately the problem was with the antenna connector ("most probably" as technician said).

After card replacement it all works without problems.

Thank You very much for help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawouek,

We're glad to hear that your OEM was able to replace your faulty adapter, and that you're now able to connect to your wireless dock.

If you ever need more help feel free to contact us again. We're always glad to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos