Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

wireless bluetooth driver version 22.110.2. disables ac 8260 bluetooth

Warp_X
Beginner

I had a perfectly working bluetooth asus pce-ac55bt.  After installing the latest from intel driver support assistant wireless bluetooth driver version 22.110.2, I find that the bluetooth radio has been disabled since my bluetooth mouse no longer works.  Bluetooth is no longer listed in Windows 10 device manager.  When I troubleshoot in Windows 10,  it can't even find any bluetooth driver issue or installation.   Please resolve driver issue for ac 8260 or ac8000 series.  Thanks in advance for any help to this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Warp_X

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that the ASUS* PCE-AC55BT is a PCIe wireless card from ASUS*.

This type of wireless card is actually considered a third-party device. Despite it may come with an Intel® wireless chip and it may use our generic drivers, the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is Asus* and this is what we call an "OEM integration" (Intel sells the chip to the OEM and they design this PCIe card that includes all the electronic to convert from M.2 to PCIe, they integrate the chip in the PCIe card and provide their own antennas and customized drivers. They also label it with their own brand/model).

In those scenarios, the recommendation is to use the drivers and software provided by ASUS* and to check with their Support team any related issues (including requesting new updated drivers). This is since they are the proper channel of support and it is supposed that OEMs have access to the Intel® generic drivers so OEMs can make the necessary customizations before providing the drivers to their customers. If additional support is required, we recommend that you contact ASUS* Support for more assistance.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now from our side. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos