oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1399 Discussions

Base Toolkit 2022.3.1 installation problem - LinkError: post-link script failed for a package

Srihari1
Beginner

Hello,

I am running OpenSuse Tumbleweed version=20221111 linux, with kernel version 6.0.7-1.

I had oneAPI Base, HPC & Render Toolkits version 2022.3.0 installed & running smoothly without any problems! 

I decided to try out the 2022.3.1.

I uninstalled the 2022.3.0 & tried an offline install of 2022.3.1 & it throws a LinkError error during installation & rolls everything back. Since this happened, I cannot even re-install the previous 2022.3.0 anymore!

Screenshot_20221112_224323.png

It is a little annoying that the previous version, which was working smoothly isn't installing anymore either.

If the system requirements say OpenSuse Tumbleweed version=20221111 isn't supported, then I wonder how all the 3 toolkits kept working smoothly until I decided to uninstall them to try out 2022.3.1

I urgent need to have the previous version running asap. Could you please suggest a solution?

Srihari

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Srihari,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. As you mentioned, the OpenSuse Tumbleweed version=20221111 is an unsupported operating system for the product toolkits.

When we use the term: unsupported, we are not saying it will not work, we are saying our engineering team had not done any validation on it. It may work, it may not work, we don't know. However, if you run into a bug, we will not be able to address that bug unless it is replicated on a support operating system.

Please visit the below links to find the system requirements for the toolkits. Kindly try installing the toolkits on a supported system and let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Srihari1
Beginner

Hi Soumya,
thanks for the prompt reply.

But is there perhaps an explanation as to why

the previous version 2022.3.0 installed without errors and worked perfectly well on Tumbleweed

but

after a failed installation attempt of Base Toolkit 2022.3.1, I now can't re-install 2022.3.0 again & it shows the same error as with installation of v2022.3.1 ?

It would be really great if it worked again, since it had until now worked perfectly.

Could you perhaps give a list of temporary & Base Toolkit files that were perhaps created during a failed installation attempt? I can delete all of them & try installing 2022.3.0 again.

Best,
Srihari

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Srihari,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Srihari,

We apologize for the miscommunication caused. There may have been a glitch due to which your last update on the thread did not appear to us when we were checking in for your concerns. However, it's visible now.

As the OpenSuse Tumbleweed is not a supported operating system, we cannot comment on it. However, based on the situation, I will try to check with our internal team, if there is any possibility. I cannot guarantee. However, I will try my best. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Srihari,

Thanks for your patience while we were checking with our higher team. However, as per their update, we have no way to do that. Hope for your understanding. Proceeding further, we are closing this thread. Due to that the thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

However, if you have any other queries or concerns, please feel free to create a new thread. We are always here to assist you.

Hope you have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos