oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Base Toolkit Installer does not start

cristianE
Beginner

I am trying to install the oneAPI base toolkit (Windows 10; Vizual Studion 2019 is installed). No matter which option I choose (online or offline installation), the installer doesn't start. I click on the exe file and nothing happens. I have unpacked the offline installer (w_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2871_offline.exe), and it generated a large directory structure. It is unclear to me how to proceed. Any help please?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cristianE
Beginner

I write this to say that I have solved the problem. After unpacking w_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2871_offline.exe to a separate directory, all I had to do was to run bootstrapper.exe (this was one of the unpacked files). This starts the installer and all worked well. Subsequently I had the same problem with the HPC Toolkit (I still don't know why the normal way to run the installer doesn't work on my computer), and the same solution worked (unpack the exe and run bootstrapper). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cristianE
Beginner

I write this to say that I have solved the problem. After unpacking w_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2871_offline.exe to a separate directory, all I had to do was to run bootstrapper.exe (this was one of the unpacked files). This starts the installer and all worked well. Subsequently I had the same problem with the HPC Toolkit (I still don't know why the normal way to run the installer doesn't work on my computer), and the same solution worked (unpack the exe and run bootstrapper). 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cristianE,

Thanks for providing the update in the thread. We were trying to replicate the issue on our end to find what caused it. However, it worked properly in all the instances. It seems that it might be related to the local machine.

However, we are glad to know that you could proceed with the installation. Proceeding further, we are closing the thread. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns in the future. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos