oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1259 Discussions

BaseKit oneAPI installer crashes Windows 10

bathsheba
Novice

I attempted to install w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.154.exe but it did not complete Visual Studio integration.  I updated VS and tried again, and now all oneAPI installers crash on any attempt to install, repair or remove.  No log is written.

How can I return to a state where these installers work?

Thanks,

Bathsheba

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
iso
Beginner

I have a similar issue. The installer (2021 and 2022) keeps crashing. I have more than enough disk space.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Bathsheba, when the installer crashes, it tries to remove the log files as well as some subfolders from the oneAPI folder.

Could you go the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\, which is should be empty and then run the installer again? Once it starts running, a log file should be created in a subfolder named> logs, prior to the installer crashing. It would be great if you could move the log file before the installer crashes and share it with us.

0 Kudos
iso
Beginner

Hi Arpan,

I have an earlier version of oneApi. When I run the installer from Control Panel/Uninstall, it runs but fails when I choose to uninstall. C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\ has many subfolders. 

0 Kudos
Pan11
New Contributor I

One more report of OneAPI install/uninstall fail.  I have been trying to install the BaseKit on a new machine.  If the VS 2022 installed the OneAPI installer gangs after the OneAPI.png is shown.  No log are generated in the OneAPI root directory.  If the VS is not installed, the OneAPI installer keeps going but of course the VS integrations is not completed.

I have tested the OneAPI installer on an older machine, and I get same behavior as reported by Bathsheba.

Thanks,

P.

0 Kudos
iso
Beginner

Thanks Hobby. Yes, I was also able to run the installer after removing Visual Studio. I guess we just need to wait for a solution that integrates smoothly with Visual Studio...

0 Kudos
bathsheba
Novice

No log file is created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\ logs at any time.

I get to the point where there is a Modify menu and I can choose Add/Remove, Download, Repair, Uninstall.  I've tried all but Download, and after the "Are you sure" dialog the installer crashes immediately.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\ is not empty, it has many files from my first install before all the installers broke.  In other threads there is strong advice against deleting or touching those files so I have not.  If you want me to, please provide instructions.

Thanks,

Bathsheba

0 Kudos
SATMOS
Beginner

I got the same issue. Windows Event Viewer shows that the crash is caused by "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll":

like this:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-02-18T07:58:01.1474059Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>8766</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="25856" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>SXY-OMEN-LAPTOP</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>installer.exe</Data> 
  <Data>4.1.0.458</Data> 
  <Data>619629bd</Data> 
  <Data>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll</Data> 
  <Data>3.1.1126.51066</Data> 
  <Data>6196b9a0</Data> 
  <Data>c0000005</Data> 
  <Data>00010492</Data> 
  <Data>21b0</Data> 
  <Data>01d8249d3f431cad</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\Installer\installer.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll</Data> 
  <Data>7b5d0929-558e-4796-94da-cfe37461f091</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Any help?

0 Kudos
Vasily_R_Intel1
Employee

Problem exist in VS 2022 17.1.x

Hot fix for this - rename or remove dll from this path during installation if you don't need VS integration(or detection)

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

If VS integration is required, you can try to replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from VS 17.0.x builds. For example from 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

Sorry for the inconvenience

0 Kudos
Pan11
New Contributor I

Thanks Vasily, confirming that hot fix works!

0 Kudos
belmont_gr
Novice

Can you briefly describe the steps you took to change Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll? Do I have to uninstall VS2022?

0 Kudos
bathsheba
Novice

Older builds are not available at this link for Community VS, only Pro and Enterprise. 

I would certainly like to accept this solution, if you can please post the DLL or provide a link to 17.0.6 Community.

Thanks,
Bathsheba

0 Kudos
Pan11
New Contributor I

Just made a backup and copied the file from a VS 17.0 install on another machine. 

0 Kudos
belmont_gr
Novice

Thanks! I don't have another PC to get the file, but I will do this when I do. It is a hustle to remove VS2022 17.1, install 17.0 and update.

0 Kudos
belmont_gr
Novice
If one could share the previously mentioned dll file I would appreciate it...
0 Kudos
Artur17
Beginner

Hi everybody. I found the solution in another topic

community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/oneapi-2022-1-2-154-installler-crashes/m-p/1361739#M2425

belmont_gr
Novice
0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Bathsheba, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos