oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Basekit installation fails

rainwadj
Beginner

I'm trying to install the OneAPI basekit on a Linux system.  During the installation, the download for Advisor fails with a write error.  There is plenty of space on the system, so it is not a 'disk full' error.  See below:

# zypper install intel-basekit

Loading repository data...

Warning: Repository 'openSUSE-13.1-Update' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.

Warning: Repository 'openSUSE-13.1-Update-Non-Oss' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.

Reading installed packages...

Resolving package dependencies...

The following 66 NEW packages are going to be installed:

[LIST OF PACKAGES GOES HERE.]

66 new packages to install.

Overall download size: 2.99 GiB. After the operation, additional 14.8 GiB will be used.

Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y): 

Retrieving package intel-oneapi-advisor-2021.3.0-290.x86_64                                                                                    (1/66), 202.5 MiB (949.8 MiB unpacked)

Retrieving: intel-oneapi-advisor-2021.3.0-290.x86_64.rpm .....................................................................................................................[error]

Download (curl) error for 'https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi/intel-oneapi-advisor-2021.3.0-290.x86_64.rpm':

Error code: Write error

Error message: Failed writing body (3556 != 16384)

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/? shows all options] (a): a

I tried manually downloading that RPM with curl, and I get this:

# curl -o intel-oneapi-advisor-2021.3.0-290.x86_64.rpm https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi/intel-oneapi-advisor-2021.3.0-290.x86_64.rpm

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0  202M    0  253k    0     0   248k      0  0:13:54  0:00:01  0:13:53  248kcurl: (23) Failed writing body (1001 != 16384)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi rainwadj,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please let us know the below details. 

• The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit update number that you are trying to install
  • The complete name and version of the Linux operating system in use.

The above information would allow us to look further into the issue. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi rainwadj,

Please let us know the requested details. The information would provide us a better understanding of the concern.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi rainwadj,

I have not heard back from you regarding the requested details. Please know, this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. However, if you need any further assistance, please post a new question. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos