oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1392 Discussions

Cannot get Fortran Compiler (or OneAPI) to install...VSIXInstaller.exe failed

cm33
Beginner

The Fortran Compiler (or OneAPI HPC) fails to install when the install script gets to VSIXInstaller.exe.  The error log says it crashed.  How do I get the fortran compiler to integrate into dev studio? 

I tried the following permutations of the following software versions:

Dev Studio 2019 Professional (v16.9.9)

Dev Studio 2022 Professional (v17.0.6)

OneAPI BaseKit 2022.2.0.252 offline

OneAPI BaseKit 2022.3.1.19798 offline

OneAPI BaseKit 2023.0.0.25940 offline

OneAPI HPCKit 2022.2.0.173 offline

OneAPI HPCKit 2023.0.0.25931 offline

fortran-compiler 2023.0.0.25933 offline

So that is 12 different combinations along with various inclusions/exclusions of the individual software packages inside each OneAPI.  Can't get any to work with Visual Studio.  Note, my Visual Studio is locked to those two versions of Dev Studio.  I only need the Fortran compiler and the ability to create new or open existing fortran vfproj files.  

Sorry I cannot post logs as our code is on a disconnected network, so if you have specific information, you are looking for, let me know and I will check the logs.

Some help greatly appreciated, we have paid support but we hear crickets from Intel support.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Chris, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Chris, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos