oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Cannot install latest oneApi base toolkit

AONym
New Contributor II
[This is a repost of my3-9  message in response to the 3-7 response to "KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components" by ChrisB_Intel. See that response for a screen shot of the error.]
Attempting to install the toolkit using w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline.exe gives an error attempting to uninstall Distribution for GDB.

Closing and relaunching installer gives the same message. What to do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

There is a Registration Community Forum that will help you with installation issues.  I am moving this one there.

0 Kudos
faber__byron
Novice

Same exact error for me.

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

The .3 version will not update on an old .2 installation on any computer I have.  

The .3 version will install on a clean install on Windows 10 and Windows 11

The problem is not resolved if you uninstall the .2 versions as there are continual errors with the Intel Software Support program that will not resolve just lead to failed install

Downloading the uninstaller for this program leaves many registry entries still there that appear to block the install.  

It might be just my computers, but one is a Lenova and one is a NUC and the other NUC took a clean first time install with no problems.  

I had a complete reinstall of Windows to get it installed on the Lenova, I am leaving the other NUC on .2 - wasted 2 days. 

0 Kudos