oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Cannot install or update OneApi

belmont_gr
Novice

Hi,

I have an Asus Windows 11 laptop with core i7 processor and ~400GB of free storage.

When I bought the laptop I installed oneapi with no issue. 

Now I cannot update or install the program.

After I press continue in the attached screenshot a download starts, I get the blue OneApi logo and the whole installation stops.

If anybody could help I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi belmont_gr,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that it fixed the problem. We were checking further on this issue with our higher team and we would like to let you know about their recent update to clarify the situation better.

Their investigation has shown that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

·      Uninstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs.

·      Replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from a Visual Studi0 2022 17.0.x release. For example, from version 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

However, we are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. 

Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you have any further queries, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vasily_R_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi belmont_gr,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
belmont_gr
Novice

Hi,

The proposed fix and the files uploaded by the community in the linked topic fixed my problem. Feel free to close this topic

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi belmont_gr,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that it fixed the problem. We were checking further on this issue with our higher team and we would like to let you know about their recent update to clarify the situation better.

Their investigation has shown that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

·      Uninstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs.

·      Replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from a Visual Studi0 2022 17.0.x release. For example, from version 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

However, we are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. 

Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you have any further queries, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos