oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Cannot uninstall oneAPI 2021.3 from Windows 10 Pro

Sungmin31
Novice
  • I have OneAPI HPC 2021.3 installed on Windows 10 Pro.
  • A Fortran project with VS 2019 Community and worked perfectly fine.
  • When I tried to use VS 2019 Professional for the same project, VS did not recognize the Fortran project and unable to load.
  • So I uninstalled both VS 2019 Community and Professional to reinstall OneAPI and to link it to VS 2019 during the installation.
  • I download the w_HPCKit_p_2022.2.0.173.exe. But after I see the oneAPI flash image, nothing happens. In the Windows Task Manager, the installer is shown but not running.
  • I tried running 2021.3 installer to uninstall oneAPI HPC 2021.3, it does not do anything either after the flash image.
  • I also tried to uninstall it from Windows App & features. It behaves the same as above two attempts.
  • I tried rebooting my computer several times between those attempts. It did not help.
  • There is a post https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/oneAPI-windows10-installation-problem/td-p/1369102 that provides a solution. However, in my case, the oneAPI installer does not do anything after the flash image even though the installer process appear in the Task Manager.
  • I appreciate if someone can help me to (forcefully) uninstall oneAPI 2021.3. If I can uninstall it, I believe a new installation will work fine.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sungmin31
Novice

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for the new suggestions.

However, oneAPI installation was working a couple of days ago when I accidentally installed oneAPI HPC 2022 version.

Since then there was no change in network settings or account privileges. I do not use docking station nor GPU accelerator to the system.

For now, I have a secondary computer that I can install and uninstall oneAPI toolkits multiple times with no sweat and will be using it for building Fortran projects.

Thanks again for trying to help me on this. I do not mind if this case is closed.

Best regards,

Sungmin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Sungmin31,

Thanks for posting your concern on the thread. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue. Based on the situation explained, we would recommend the below steps.

• Close Intel® installers if any are open.
  • Make sure to remove any & all Visual Studio installers for now.
  • Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio uninstallation for some reason, please unregister the DLL using: REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  • In Command Prompt, as Administrator, rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  • Try uninstalling the Intel® oneAPI toolkit now using their installers.

However, if the issue persists, please get back to us on the thread with an update as it will allow us to check on the concern further. Kindly update us if your concern gets resolved.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Sungmin31
Novice

Hi Soumya,

Thank you very much for prompt reply.

• Following your instruction, I have uninstalled all Visual Studio versions on my computer - 2019 Community, Professional, and older versions of Visual Studio.
  • There is no Setup folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio folder.
  • *Native.dll is not found searching from the ProgramData folder.
  • Running any versions of oneAPI Base or HPC toolkit installer does not show any dialog after the oneAPI flash image.
  • Please refer to the attached screen capture.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Sungmin

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Sungmin,

Thanks for going through the steps and getting back to us with the update on the thread. Kindly confirm if any of the following is enabled during the product installer's download or installation.

• Any network restriction - such as antivirus, VPN, network firewall, web proxy, etc.
  • Any access privilege's restriction on the system or the user account.
  • Connection to a docking station.
  • Any GPU Accelerator connected to the system.

The information will allow us to assist you better. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Sungmin31
Novice

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for the new suggestions.

However, oneAPI installation was working a couple of days ago when I accidentally installed oneAPI HPC 2022 version.

Since then there was no change in network settings or account privileges. I do not use docking station nor GPU accelerator to the system.

For now, I have a secondary computer that I can install and uninstall oneAPI toolkits multiple times with no sweat and will be using it for building Fortran projects.

Thanks again for trying to help me on this. I do not mind if this case is closed.

Best regards,

Sungmin

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Sungmin,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that the installer and the product work successfully on the secondary system. However, if you ever need to install it on a different system or the previous system, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos