oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Changing over from Parallel Studio

Knapp__Jacob
Novice

Hello, I am a Computer Science student, and I will be switching over to the oneAPI toolkit from my recently-expired Parallel Studio license.

What changes about compilation and where executables, libraries, and headers live should I be aware of to get me started? And would it be recommended for me to uninstall IntelSWTools since that appears to no longer be where the stuff lives, and if so, how? (As I am not seeing any uninstall executable.)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Viet_H_Intel

Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler is based on LLVM technology. Compiler, Libraries and other tools will be installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI.

I wouldn't recommend to uninstall IPSXE yet, in case you might need it. And if you want to remove it, you can relaunch IPSXE package again and select "Remove".

Thanks,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Knapp__Jacob,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We are checking on it with our resources. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Knapp__Jacob,

Thanks for your patience while we are checking with our internal team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as we receive an update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler is based on LLVM technology. Compiler, Libraries and other tools will be installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI.

I wouldn't recommend to uninstall IPSXE yet, in case you might need it. And if you want to remove it, you can relaunch IPSXE package again and select "Remove".

Thanks,

Knapp__Jacob
Novice

Okay, thank you. I do now definitely want to remove it, as it has expired and is thus just clogging up my drive. So, where would I relaunch the IPSXE package to remove it?

Edit: nevermind, I found where I'd stored the installer. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

Have we answered your questions? Let us know if we can close this ticket?

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

Ok, let us close this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,