oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

DPC++/C++ Stand-Alone installation problem

HenriqueRenno
Beginner

I downloaded the offline Stand-Alone version of the Intel OneAPI DPC++/C++ and Fortran compilers. First, I installed the Fortran compiler without problems, and it was installed under /home/user/intel/fortran. I tested the compiler and it worked fine.

Then, I tried to install the DPC++/C++ compiler, but the installation location shown in the first step of the installation process is automatically set to /home/user/intel/fortran, whereas for the Fortran installer the installation location was automatically set to /home/user/intel/oneapi.

I tried changing the location by passing the option "-a --install-dir=/home/user/intel/oneapi" to the installer, but it did not work.

How could I change the installation location for DPC++/C++? Is there some hidden file where the installer is getting this information from the Fortran installer? Maybe I could remove it, and then try to install DPC++/C++.

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Just solved this problem by removing the directory /home/user/intel/installercache.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Henrique, could you try uninstalling the Fortran installation first? Once that is done, proceed with the installation of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler first followed by the installation of Intel® Fortran Compiler.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Henrique, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos