oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Error in installation

Version001
New Contributor I

I get this error when I try to install oneapi;

1.jpg

I have successfully installed it before. Last week I uninstalled Visual Studio 2022 and Oneapi. When I want to install it again I started getting this error.

To resolve the error, I tried the following;

I uninstalled Visual Studio 2022 (i dont have another versions) and reinstalled.

I tried offline oneapi installation

I deleted oneapi installer cache

These didn't work.

Can somebody help me? thanks...

NOTE : sorry for my english, i using google translator.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Yasin, please follow the below steps>

1. Close Intel® installers if any.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  3. Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  4. REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  5. command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  6. Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.

Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI. See the full list here> Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and Xcode*.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Yasin, please follow the below steps>

1. Close Intel® installers if any.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  3. Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  4. REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  5. command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  6. Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.

Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI. See the full list here> Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and Xcode*.

Version001
New Contributor I

Hello, thank you for reply.

I did what you said and I keep getting errors. I removed all instances of visual studio and intel onepi and it didn't work.

But instead of deleting this file i changed its name and tried again;

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

and it worked. Deleting it didn't work, renaming it did. This is really weird.

My problem is solved, thread can be closed. Thanks for be interested.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Yasin, thank you for sharing the solution with us. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos